• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Purchasing Rum as gift for someone

R

Romana

I read that NCL has strict policy regarding bringing alcohol on the ship. A relative is interested in Rum from the Bahama's, will I not be allowed to purchased this as a gift for someone?

C

Cruizer

Any alcohol you purchase will be held for you and returned to you either on the last night or the last morning. So yes, you can buy the rum.

R

Romana

Thanks for answering. Now I see from another post about a corkage fee of $15. I don't drink and don't want any of the rum.
I just want to bring it to my relative. Will I be charged something for them to hold it? How big of a hassle is it to get it back on the last night or in the morning? Should I have pre-made identification labels so they know who it belongs to?

C

Cruizer

No, it will be held for you for free. The corkage fee only applies to a bottle you bring into the dining room. And you can only do that by bringing it aboard on embarkation day. Anything you buy in port will be held for you - again at no charge to you.

N

nmnita

No Ramona, they will just hold it until the last night or the morning you get off the ship and you can pick it up.

Have a great cruise..

NIta