Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Question about Flights

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Kay C, May 5, 2014.

1. Kay C

Kay C Well-Known Member

My husband & I are leaving Wednesday from Little Rock, AR to fly to Dallas & on to Vancouver, BC. (Alaska Cruise on Thursday) Our flight is @ 4:10 pm. A new twist has been thrown at us. Pres. Obama is arriving in Little Rock to view the tornado damage in towns North of Little Rock on this day. Have any of you ever had experience with a situation like this? I am just wondering how this is going to figure in to our flight. No details of the visit has been released. I called airport, and they said if anything, our flight might be delayed.

2. randy

randy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, all air traffic is put on hold when Air Force One is landing or taking off. All passengers are held onboard their flights until the President has either left the airport or his aircraft has taken off. They try to minimize the effect, but the reality is that you lose about a half-hour window when he comes or goes. As long as your flight isn't close to one of those windows, you should be fine.

3. Kay C

Kay C Well-Known Member

Thanks, Randy...I am hoping he gets here early morning and leaves later than our flight. I still can't find any info, but I also know this is for security reasons.