• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

question about upgrades

E

ewheelock

I have booked the April 10th eastern caribbean cruise on the Zaandam to celebrate my mothers 83rd birthday. I have a guaranteed cat bc verandah. My ta says that it is a good chance that I would be upgraded from the verandah deck to the navigation deck. What are peoples experience with upgrades. I have only cruised once about 12 years ago on The Big Red Boat, so I don't have much experience on cruises.

C

Cruzman

Whether you get upgraded or not, the cat. A & B cabins are all the same, just different locations on the ship. If your only past cruise experience was on The Big Red Boat, do you ever have a pleasant surprise coming! The Zaandam is gonna knock your socks off!

D

Dee

You're going to love this ship! This will be our second time cruising on Zaandam. She has become our favorite. As you know we are sailing on this date along with you. Feel free to let me know your cabin and perhaps we can do a "get together for a drink." There are a few of us planning to do this. Feel free to join us! :)

S

sail7seas

Category "A" and "B" cabins are identical. The only difference is location. You might actually be better off staying on Verandah deck in a "B" than to take a freebie into an "A" and get a far forward location...IMO

Wonder why your TA would think you would be getting an upgrade?

Good luck. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

E

ewheelock

That sounds great about a get together drink. When I get my cabin # I will send you a note. Thanks for the offer.