Question for sail7seas

T

thulewx

S7S - did you find the place where they have their plaques from maiden port visits? It was in the stirwell leading from the show lounge. There was actually one there that welcomed the HAL ZuiderMAN! I couldn't believe it!

W

wendyandbarry

Santa fe Jim
Thank you for the updated Promo, mine came of a fax from HAL on 3/31/03, it looks as they have droped the price a little more. They willn't let us post the whole promo so it was nice of you to re-type your's.
If you find one for the Amsterdam sailing on 4/21/04 let me know. We are leaving next week for 10 days, and hope to have decided to book this when we come back.

Barry

S

Santa Fe Jim

Honesty compels me to admit to not having re-typed the data. It was a copy & paste, with some re-formatting. If I don't hear from the powers that be, I'll post other promos as I receive them. IF I receive them.

SFJ

F

florence

Hi!
I just found this board & you all seem very knowledgeable.
Santa Fe Jim - You posted a lot of sailings & price specials, can you find some for me?

We're interested in either Maasdam 11 day Panama Canal on Feb.8 or Volendam 10 day Eastfarer in early Feb. The best price I can find for Maasdam is $ 2000 per person, includes port & taxes, for an inside J category. Sounds awfully high!

TIA Florence

S

Santa Fe Jim

Hi Florence,

I certainly don't have any secret of getting good prices other than persistence. TAs or seasoned cruisers would know more about the ins and outs of pricing.

Having made that disclaimer, I did look at the prices for the cruises you mentioned. On the HAL site, the Maasdam 2/8/04, Cat J, lists for $2033, including port, taxes, and prior passenger discount (if any). On Travelocity, the same cruise is $1818, including port, "most" taxes, but no prior passenger discount. The Volendam, early Feb. 04, Cat J, lists for $1506 on HAL, but $1425 on Travelocity.

I'm sure the prices will bounce up and down prior to sailing. I imagine that one of the deciding factors in booking now or later would be how much you want a certain cabin, sitting, etc. versus how much you are willing to pay.

SFJ

P

peaches

I just booked a HAL cruise. Travelocity 'appeared' to have a lower price for the same cabins than the HAL website showed. However, when the govt. fees were added to the T'city published fare, the prices were exactly the same. I think not being very explicit as to what a fare includes is almost like false advertising. It appeared you were getting a deal or discount with T'city, but you were not.

G

gizmo

peaches,

Many of the .com sites do this. They advertise specials and many say port included. The catch is taxes are not included. The best sites are the ones where you can go through as though you are booking and see the prices listed with port and taxes all broken out.
The other catch is processing fees and cancellation fees.

P

peaches

Oh, I know, gizmo. I just used T'city as an example since it had specifically mentioned above. And I check out T'city a lot to see what specific cabins are available. WHY does HAL make that procedure such a pain to do. On other cruise line's sites you can pull up cabin availability without having to register each time!