Quote Of the Day

glo-ree-bee

And keep a sense of humor. It doesn’t mean you have to tell jokes. If you can’t think of anything else, when you’re my age, take off your clothes and walk in front of a mirror. I guarantee you’ll get a laugh. — Art Linkletter

And man ---- have I laughed!! When you can laugh at yourself you are at peace with the world! my saying!

glo-ree-bee

I use this quote because all I see these days in actions and print is hate. Seems as though love is no longer part of our lives --- sad!

Coretta Scott King
"Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated."

glo-ree-bee

What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving? ~Erma Bombeck, "No One Diets on Thanksgiving," 26 November 1981

glo-ree-bee

I'm undoubtedly the only one who likes this thread. If I am allowed if it me only I will keep it going. I think we learn from others wisdom or thoughts s000-- on I go

Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing. ~Donna Hedges

glo-ree-bee

On a table in my frontroom is this quote given to me by a neighbor as a thank you for helping keep them safe during a tornado. I treasure it.

At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." Albert Schweitzer

glo-ree-bee

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

(Thank you, Bob, for adding quotes. I love wise quotes funny, sad, inspirational anything that causes my mind to think of something nice)