Quote Of the Day

bob

Community Manager
Staff member
Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water. - W. C. Fields

bob

Community Manager
Staff member
It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company. - George Washington

glo-ree-bee

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
― Maya Angelou

bob

Community Manager
Staff member
Nobody remembers all the times you did stupid tricks for marshmallows, but eat one hiker and they never forget. - Yogi Bear

glo-ree-bee

A stupid quote

“Is this chicken, what I have, or is this fish? I know it's tuna, but it says 'Chicken by the Sea.”
― Jessica Simpson

bob

Community Manager
Staff member
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. - Steven Wright

bob

Community Manager
Staff member
The public have an insatiable curiosity to know everything, except what is worth knowing. - Oscar Wilde

bob

Community Manager
Staff member
The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn't for any religious reasons. They couldn't find three wise men and a virgin. - Jay Leno

glo-ree-bee

“Probably the reason we all go so haywire at Christmas time with the endless unrestrained and often silly buying of gifts is that we don’t quite know how to put our love into words.” – Harlan Miller

bob

Community Manager
Staff member
“Oh look, yet another Christmas TV special! How touching to have the meaning of Christmas brought to us by cola, fast food, and beer… Who’d have ever guessed that product consumption, popular entertainment, and spirituality would mix so harmoniously?” – Calvin & Hobbes

bob

Community Manager
Staff member
Rats. Nobody sent me a Christmas card today. I almost wish there weren’t a holiday season. I know nobody likes me. Why do we have to have a holiday season to emphasize it? -Charlie Brown

bob

Community Manager
Staff member
Let me see if I’ve got this Santa business straight. You say he wears a beard, has no discernible source of income and flies to cities all over the world under cover of darkness? You sure this guy isn’t laundering illegal drug money? – Tom Armstrong

glo-ree-bee

"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves." Bill Vaughn (whoever he is)