Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

R.I.P. Bruce

Discussion in 'The Safe Harbor' started by ShipMaven, May 18, 2011.

1. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Well-Known Member

Very sad news. My Condolences to Sharon and family.

2. GloBug

GloBug Senior Flea Coller Tester

My avatar for Brucie on my cell phone is a pic of Donald Duck. The Donald will forever remind me of Brucie. Thanks for posting those pics Mary Ann. They made me smile.

And I second the thank you Elf E for moving this thread.

3. connie seabee

connie seabee Well-Known Member Community Sponsor

What a shock to return home and find this post. I am at a loss for words. My prayers go out to Sharon and children.

Mary Ann, I know how close you were to Bruce and his family, my condolences to you too.

4. seagrandaddy&seagrandma

seagrandaddy&seagrandma Well-Known Member

I was deeply sorry to read this. Our condolences to Bruces wife and family and to you Mary Ann. RIP Bruce.

5. herb

herb First Original Member

So sorry to hear about this... our condolences to the family

6. KathyC

KathyC Well-Known Member

This is so sad. My deepest sympathies to you and to his entire family. I too remember how proud he was of Arami & all of the pictures he posted.

7. jk

jk Well-Known Member

I am also shocked at hearing this news. I so enjoyed his sense of humor and aways looked forward to viewing pics of his granddaughter. Please send my condolences to his family. RIP, Bruce......

8. Donna - dsw

Donna - dsw Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this - may the family and friends find the peace and comfort they need at this time.
    When I Must Leave You

When I must leave you for a littlewhile,

Please do not grieve and shed wild tears

And hug your sorrow to you through theyears,

But start out bravely with a smile;

And for my sake and in my name

Live on and do all things the same,

Feed not your loneliness on empty days,

But fill each waking hour in usefulways,

Reach out your hand in comfort and incheer

And I in turn will comfort you and holdyou near;

And never, never be afraid to die,

For I am waiting for you in the sky!

- Helen Steiner Rice -

9. audrey

audrey Well-Known Member

mary ann I am so sorry to hear about this news I never met Bruce but remember his posting and prayers go out to his wife and family

10. maw

maw Wordsmith

My sympathy to his family. So sorry he will not see his girls grow up.

11. sage

sage Well-Known Member

Mary Ann I am in total shock. He was such a wonderful giving and gentle man. My heart goes out to Sharon and his family.

12. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

I am stunned. I send my deepest condolences to his family. He will be missed.

13. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Well-Known Member

Oh no! This is so very sad. My condolences to Sharon and the family.

14. Hooked

Hooked Well-Known Member

I'm am very saddened to hear this news. I never had the pleasure to meet Bruce but enjoyed his posts for years.

15. Mbandy

Mbandy Well-Known Member

Wow, what tragic news. I never had the pleasure as some of you did but I knew him well from his posts. It is an example of how frigile life is and how we should all appreciate every moment we have.

I join my @ddicts family with thoughts and prayers for the family.

Sail on Bruce.

16. earl_m

earl_m Social Host

My most sincere Condolences to the family

17. gram

gram Well-Known Member

:(:(:(

Mary Ann

We are so very sorry to hear about your dear friend. He always had alot of humor in his postings. Our prayers are with him and his family.

Evie & Joe

18. Mgram

Mgram Well-Known Member

Oh how tragic! I am just stunned. Though I didn't have a lot of contact with Bruce, I certainly enjoyed reading about the friendship that so many of you shared with him. This is yet another major loss to our community. My deepest sympathy to his family and all of his friends.....particularly you, Mary Ann. Hugs.

19. bob

bob Chief Engineer Staff Member

And then there was the other Bruce

[​IMG]

Have a safe journey my friend

20. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Well-Known Member

My heart just plain cries...so. so .so unfair..and Bruce was kindness itself..May Sharon and his family find strength to cope over the next hard months..Mark and I are so very sorry..he was such a generous soul..
    sigh..I am truly sorry for you as well Mary Ann..he was such a Dear friend to you..RIP..Joanne and Mark