• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RCL - Allure of the Seas - 9/24-10/1/2017

Hello everyone. Its a little early but would anyone have any input as to what we can do off the ship? i don't plan on booking with RCL for the excursion. I will be traveling with my husband and 2 kids. The boys will be 3 and 6 by the time we go. Ports of call are Labadee, Cozumel and Falmouth I believe. Any help/tips would be appreciated.

bob

Community Manager
Staff member
If you still want to actually book excursions, just not from the cruise line you might
try checking with: ShoreTrips
Click here for smaller, more creative and better priced ShoreTrips on your next cruise.
They book your excursion's for you with reputable vendors in all major ports and the costs are considerably less than the cruise line in most cases. They do not book excursions in Haiti.
From their website: "We interview the guides and providers...and only when they meet our strict criteria do we offer their services to you".

I personally would suggest that you also consider sticking with excursions no matter who you choose being that the kids are so young. You are in a strange environment
and if you nave never visited these ports before would also suggest that if you want to try on your own do a lot of homework on each port and stay in highly public areas.
One trip I would suggest is in Cozumel consider the mainland excursion to Tulum. It is a well preserved Mayan ruin and is the only Mayan city that was built directly on the coast. It is pretty much an all day trip and will also include a ferry ride from Cozumel to the mainland.
Tulum

Last edited:

George C

For Cozumel you may like Chankanaab park, there is dolphins , shows beachs and historical stuff, very close to ship you can take a taxi and save money or sign up for this on a RCCL excursion. Falmouth is not that close to anything, there is a walled off area with shops and a margeritaville, Ladabee is just a beach stop with some nice beach's and a ships barbeque. Please google Chaakanaab .

Most of the time I research shore excursions a trip advisor. I have always read the reviews and you can usually find links to book your excursions outside of the cruise lines. I have always had good experiences and most tour companies will guarantee that you get back to the ship in time for departure. We have always gotten back in plenty of time!

SUNNYDAY

Hello everyone. Its a little early but would anyone have any input as to what we can do off the ship? i don't plan on booking with RCL for the excursion. I will be traveling with my husband and 2 kids. The boys will be 3 and 6 by the time we go. Ports of call are Labadee, Cozumel and Falmouth I believe. Any help/tips would be appreciated.
labadee will have a picnic

The boys will enjoy going in the water. The beach is nice so no excursions necessary there.
Cozumel when you get off the ship there will be a lot of choices to book an excursion