Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Ricotta Cheese Cake

Discussion in 'Food Recipes' started by BostonsJ, Aug 11, 2008.

1. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

This is delicious not like a wet cheese at all.

Spray a round spring form pan with Pam. You can also use a 9" square pan.

Make a yellow cake mix exactly as printed on the package. Stay away from the ones with pudding in them if you can. Pour into pan and set aside.

Combine 2 lbs of Ricotta Cheese, 4 eggs, 3/4 sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla. If you are using true vanilla only use 3/4 teaspoon.

Take the ricotta mixture and spoon it evenly over the unbaked cake mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or or until the cake is light brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Don't fret this cake takes time to cook just keep checking it.

Remove from oven, place on rack to cool. When cool move to a plate and place in fridge for several hours. Slice and serve with blueberry pie filling topping drizzeled over the top.

2. Karry

Karry Guest

That sounds so good and EASY. Just to be sure: it's 3/4 CUP of sugar? =eek Also, I DETEST blueberries. Would this be just as good with the cherry pie filling on top?

3. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

Yup it is 3/4 cup of sugar. I use blueberries or cherries. I even used the crushed sweetened pineapple once mostly drained and it was great!

4. Beryl

Beryl Guest

Ooooh...now this sounds delish and right up my alley.....easy peasy too! I think it would be so wonderful with almost any type of fruit...especially fresh fruit as opposed to pie filling!!

5. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

=love..MY hips are growing again just reading this..:grin..YUMMO!!!!..Joanne

6. Corky

Corky Guest

Got it copied, it sounds delish! :)