Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Rock wall and miniature golf

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by KyCruisinSusan, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Are these activities included in your cruise fare or do you have to pay extra for them? Also, is there a long wait time for either of these activities.

2. SCOUT172

SCOUT172 Guest

They are included in your cruise fare. I have never experienced a wait a the mini golf, but a 30 minute wait or so for the rock wall can be expected. Get a drink and enjoy the time in line watching the others try to make it up the wall.

3. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

They are included in your fare. I went in early June and there was no wait whatsoever for the mini golf, but maybe a ten minute wait for the rock wall on some days. These activities from what I see arent' overly popular, but I will say playing mini golf and having the ocean as you backdrop is a site to behold.

4. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

the rock wall according to rccl is not free:

Rock Climbing Wall (deck 13) - $8 / 90 minute session (all inclusive including training). Advance shipboard reservations are encouraged.

In-line skating (deck 13) - $6 / hour (includes track time and equipment). $3 / hour (includes track time, guest has own equipment). Advance shipboard reservations are encouraged. Maximum 10 guests per 60 minute session. Track approx 127 feet long.

Center Ice (at Studio B) ice skating rink (deck 2) - $6 / hour (includes ice time and equipment hire) - $3 / hour (includes ice time - guest has own equipment). Advance shipboard reservations are encouraged. Maximum 75 guests per 60 minute session. 23 available guest sessions per 7-night cruise (maximum 1,700 guests per cruise)

5. SCOUT172

SCOUT172 Guest

What a shocker!! When did they start charging for the rock wall? It was free on the Explorer in September.

6. asasj5

asasj5 Guest

I just checked the RCCL website and there is NO CHARGE for the rock climbing or ice skating. There is also no charge for beginner instruction on rock climbing, however, it looks like there may be a charge for any advanced sessions.

Whew! I got really nervous there for a minute - this is already costing me a small fortune so the thought of more was not a good thing!

Susan

7. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Hmmm, I just checked it out for Voyager, and no extra charges incurred there either. I didn't pay extra for my VOS cruise back in June. Mel.. are you speaking of another RCL ship?

8. Ali

Ali Guest

Rock climbing, roller blading and ice skating are at no extra cost...it is included in your cruise fare.

This is from RCI's website dealing with the rock climbing wall:

Rock climbing is free for all guests and reservations aren't necessary; just check your Cruise Compass and Daily Planner for hours.

9. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Ali,
    That's what I thought,and I know that on the Sovereign last week there was no charge for the rock climbing. Wonder where this info on the charges came from =huh

10. Ali

Ali Guest

Hey Laurie those prices look like what they were charging when the Voyager first came out in 1999 and we know how long that lasted. :lol

11. Searcher

Searcher Guest

Ali Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > Hey Laurie those prices look like what they were
    > charging when the Voyager first came out in 1999
    > and we know how long that lasted.
    >

Hi Ali! =handshake

12. Ali

Ali Guest

Hey Rick where have you been hiding? There were some posts with questions about the Enchantment if you get a chance...I know that's your ship. :)

Have a great night!

13. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Ali,
    You are so right :thumb I am glad that they decided to change their minds about the extra charges back then. The last thing we need is more extra charges :grin Even though with my bad back I will never be climbing the rock wall, I know many others really enjoy it :jump

14. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

I feel like i'm evesdropping on a conversation. :lol

15. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

well thats good to know , i had found that on thwo of the cruise price sites,,, guess they never updated the shipinfo pages... im glad i wont have to pay for theice skating.... the rock wall is not gonna happen,, but i am dying to play mini golf :)

16. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Oh Mellissa..It's a must. the ocean background is amazing. Strangely enough, as windy as it got at times, it never really affected the golf ball =huh

17. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Ken,
    I agree, we loved playing miniature golf over looking the ocean :thumb There were a few times when the ship was on a slight tilt and the ball rolled on us, at least that is my claim and I'm sticking to it :lol

18. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Laurie! :lol Hey as long as it brought you closer to the hole and lowered your score! :grin

funnyt thing about golf. It's the only darn game where everyone is fighting for the lowest score! :lol

Another funny. It's also the only game where you hit the ball. Run after it. Hit it again. Repeat. :grin

What a strange game we have here!

19. Victoria

Victoria Guest

Any chance there is any mini gold on Rhapsody? I heard all RCCL have rock walls now. I am also looking for the RCCL ship with the IMAX theater. We sail on Rhapsody this month but are already looking forward to our next one.

20. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

I would venture out to say no Victoria. I could be wrong, with RCL having 19 ships. It's a "Voyager Class" thing. :thumb