• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Roll Call Elation 1.9.05

J

jomarkpro

Hi I am just wondering if anyone else is going on the Elation the week of Jan 9th, 2005? Would love to find out. I am surprising my wife with the trip at Christmas. Should be awsome.

C

crusingmama

You will have an awesome time. There are 2 couples from Arkansas going same time. We will be in Galveston 1-8-2005 to stay the night. We are so excited. This is our 4th cruise and each one is like the first one all over again......I noticed that you booked your cruise through the same person we did...Great deal was it?

J

jomarkpro

To crusingmama:
You may not get this but yes we are VERY excited. Actually I am excited and my wife is in the dark because it is a complete surprise she will not get until Christmas day. I expect her to about faint. Are you doing your own excursions or going through the ship? I just made a reservation for the Cave Tubing in Balieze through x-stream. They were much cheaper then what the Cruise lines charge. We will probably go our own way in Cozemel. Maybe go through the ship for Progresso.
How was your experience with Vicki? So far real good for us but I have not yet recieved our paperwork yet. How about you? This will be our 3rd cruise and yes it is like the first everytime. Maybe we can all meet when on the ship. Let's keep in touch. Take care.

jomarkpro

C

crusingmama

Everything is going very well, we have made several calls to Vickie about our cabin placements. She finally got tired of us calling her and gave us our cabin numbers. Have you gotten yours yet? She told us if we had not gotten our doc's by Thursday to call her. You can bet your bottom dollar we will......This is the first cruise we have bought on e-bay. We LOVED the prices. As far as what we are going to do I'm not really sure....the men will do the snorkeling thing......WE SHOP ....LOL I have been reading a lot of things on the Cruise Critic site...Have you? Got some neat things there as well as here. The is a large group going on the Elation with us that I have chated to from time to time with. We usually do our own tours after we get to the islands.....much cheaper that way. Yeah, keep in touch and we will meet on board and have a drink and visit. I bet our cabins are near each other because they usually reserve a block of rooms to each TA. It's always fun when you are with someone. See ya

J

jomarkpro

Hey:
Thanks for the post. You got your room numbers? Where are they? I was told at Vickies to call on Friday if I had not heard. I suspect I will know the numbers then. It is soooooo hard to keep this a secret from my wife. I've had to go around at her work to get them to give her the time off. I just may pull this off. Anyway it would be great to meet others when we get on the cruise. Your right about one thing the price was awsome. Did you also get the 75.00 ship credit? I wonder how that works. Let's keep in touch. This is also the first time I've bought a cruise off of ebay. Should be interesting.

C

crusingmama

Our cabins are up on the Upper deck, U-9 for our friends and ours is U-16. These rooms are the very front of the ship. We have not ever been this close to the front before. But we can't complain because the fare is wonderful. We have always been in the middle of the ship before. Sure hope the waves of the ship don't get to us. When did you book your cruise? We have been booked since August of this year. I think it is great that you are surprisng your wife, she will be so grateful not to say surprised. Is this your first cruise? Yes we got the $75.00 S&S credit. Don't know what we will use this money on..........Are you'll going down early or do you live in Houston area? We are driving down on Saturday and it is a 10 hr drive from Stuttgart, we opted not to fly because our friends aren't fond of flying. My husband and I both love to fly. Just say go and we are ready......Keep in touch.

J

jomarkpro

Hey those are great rooms! Did you purchase outside rooms or buy the inside and get upgraded? When I purchased from Vickie they were said to be inside 4A which I've had before and their good but upgraded would be awsome. Years ago my wife and I had U-16 on a cruise on the Fasanation. I believe the windows are portholes. As I said I hope to find out about our rooms this week.. We too are driving to the port though a little further. We live on the border of IL and IA in East Moline. So it is about a 19 hour drive for us. We will stay in Galveston either at the Holiday Inn or the Best Western because they offer free parking the week of the cruise. So how about you all? You staying overnight or just driving in? Also if you might let me know when you get your paperwork so I have something to go on. In turn I will do the same. Thanks

C

crusingmama

I made a typo......It should be U-19 not a U16, it was a 4a as you said. We booked a 4A guar. This is what we ended up with. But who cares....we are crusing. You guys are driving a lot further than we are. We plan on leaving on Jan 8 about 4:00 am. We are taking the scenic route to Galveston through LA. or so I'm told. We are staying in Galveston at a place called Gaidieo (sp) or something like that and we are parking in the E-Z Parking lot for only $40.00 per week. They will pick you up at your vehicle and drop you off at the pier with no extra charge. That way when we return we don't have to wait for a shuttle back to the hotel. My niece just came back off this same cruise and they stayed at the Holiday Inn and she didn't care too much for it. How many cruises have you'll been on. This is our 4th. I hope to have our documents by today at the latest, if not she gets a call tomorrow first thing.....I bet your rooms will be near ours since we booked as a group with her.

J

jomarkpro

Hey thank you for the tips. We will not get to Galvaston until the 8th either. Right now I am thinking if Holiday Inn is going to be a problem then we may do the same as you just stay in a cheaper motel and then go to EZ parking. I hope the weather is great. I think it will be. You asked about how many cruises we have been on. This will be our 3rd. All of them on this size of ship. I don't care if it looks the same, each cruise is like a first it's always been great. Now I just have to make it till Christmas without my wife Jo knowing. She's going to love it.

C

crusingmama

Our very first cruise was on the Celebration out of Galveston, our next one was the Conquest out of New Orleans and our 3rd one was the Destiny out of San Juan. The Celebration was a special ship for us because we had nothing to compare it with. When we cruised on the Conquest we thought we were queens of the sea. The Destiny was a big ship as well, but if you've ever been to San Juan you know what we had to deal with there. Our cruise itinery was wonderful, we were all exhausted and it took 2 weeks to recouperate from it. This is a little slower pace that the last 2 but we will still enjoy all we can. My husband George is 58 years old and keeps up with the rest of us real good. He and my friends husband Curtis are the reason we chose this cruise because they are into the snorkeling thing. This suppose to be the #2 place in the world to snorkel. But we girls are always in to the shopping scene. Usually they snorkel, while we shop and then we meet back with them and usually do a tour of the islands. We like to get a native of the island to take us on a car tour and they stop when we want to stop and take us where they would normally shop etc. It is a very educational and informative. I am sure there will be something for everyone to enjoy. Oh yes, if you want to try the place we are staying called Gaido's the phone # is 1-800525-0064, don't know much about them but they looked good on the internet and they are located on the seawall not far from the pier. They also offer free parking during the cruise, all you need is proof of current cruise ticket and you should have that. Also, we did not receive our documents. I will be giving Vickie a call tomorrow.

J

jomarkpro

Thanks for the e-mail. Let me know what you find out about the documents. No matter what I am also going to be calling Vickies on Friday and asking some questions. I hear that most of the time it is Carnival who takes a lot of time to send out the documents. But I sure would like them before Christmas day. I'm going to check into the hotel you are booked in and find out what their prices are. Again let me know what you find out. GOOD LUCK.

J

jomarkpro

Well today is Friday and I also will be calling. I have heard that it is not the fault of the TA as much as the cruiselines for how late they send out cruise documents but I would expect that we would have gotten them or at the least will have them very soon. I'm also going to ask where our room is located. The good news is only 23 days to go! And it is supposed to get below 0 here tonight!

C

crusingmama

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I just received my documents....and I didn't have to call....I am so excited. Now all I have to do is wait for the big day. It will be here real soon. I have lots to do. Have you talked to Vickie today to see where you cabin is located? She also sent things on excursions as well and instructions to getting to the pier....

J

jomarkpro

I finally got through to her this afternoon. They sent the tickets on Wed and it did not arrive today so hopefully tomarrow. The girl I talked to did not know my room #. But now that I know they are almost here I'm getting excited. When I find out the room I'll drop you a line. They told me the same about pier instructions. Anyway thanks for the note. It's time to get excited!

C

crusingmama

Have you gone on line and got your Fun Pass. If you know your booking number you can got divect and find it because it is in their system now. If you have it and you do not know how to look it up you can e-mail me the info direct and I can look it up for you. Just send booking number and last name and it will give you room number.....My e-mail isCrusing@classicnet.net and I can get it for you.....
I bet you get them tomorrow......what if she gets the mail first???????????BUSTED

J

jomarkpro

I got the DOC's and I did not get busted. Close but not. They came to my house. You see I'm a pastor of a church and we live about 100 yards from the church. The postman thought he was doing a favor in bringing them to the house not the church. OOPS. My son saw him coming knew what they were and took and hid them. Great save. Anyway you are right our rooms are right next to eachother. We are U11. So without a doubt we will meet eachothers groups. We are going alone so hopefully we might arrnge some time as a whole group while on board. Anyway I will register this week sometime. I feel much more at ease now. Just got to keep it under raps for 6 or 7 more days. I have saved all of our emails and am going to have my wife read our exchanges she will get a real kick out of them. Anyway just thought I'd let you know.

Mark Jacobs

C

crusingmama

I know you are feeling better. My husband was so afraid that we had been scammed because so much negitive publicity about these computers and buying things online. I told him that not everyone is out to get you. I did check out Vickie's travel for the possibility of fraud before I bought the tickets. No one I knew had used her, but I sent her my money with the hopes that she was honest, and I assume she was with my documents in hand I know I'm going on a cruise..............
My husband, George is retired from our local telephone company, but he was only retired 2 weeks before realizing he needed to work.. Plus, we like to eat and do things like the cruise so he had to do something. He and I both work and the Riceland Soya Prosessing Division here in Stuttgart. My is an operator for the Prep and Extractor Dept. I work on the other side of the Division and I am into purchasing and receiving of parts and supplies of all operating and packaging department. My friend, Debby and her husband Curtis both work at the headquarters office for Riceland Foods. He is over the maintenance and she is a purchasing agent. We have been best friends for a long time. Let me know what your wife has to say and do about her surprise I think it is great the you did this. I would problably be really scared if George tried to surprise me with a cruise. He is just a real laid back person and likes for someone else to take care of things for him...But I guess that is why we make a good couple because I just take care of him all the time.....There are a lot of people here in the Stuttgart area that have the last name of Jacobs.....maybe you are related...That would be wild wouldn't it.
Gerty Dobrovich

J

jomarkpro

Hi again. I have a slight problem I need to ask about. I can't get the internet site to work to pre-register. I do what it says and then I get into a site that does not seem to make a lot of sense. Did you have any problems? And if not what did you do? I have my cruise number and all the documents but it does not seem to work. So any help would be greatly appriciated. Only 5 days to cover up left!

Mark Jacobs

C

Cottonblossom

Have been lurking and reading your posts. Know you are excited and what a fun gift for your wife!
We went on the Carnival Victory last May 2004.....celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary and had a ball!
I, too, had trouble with getting my fun pass online. My daughter had made the reservations and did her correspondence on her computer....so after becoming very frustrated, I finally decided that might have had something to do with it, as I was trying to register on my computer. I went to her house, got on her computer, and everything went through immediately and gave me a printable FUN PASS! I am thinking that it has to do with the security for the immigration info.

Hope this helps........keep posting!....and.......have a Merry Christmas presenting this wonderful gift!
(I am from Lubbock, Texas)