• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Roll Call Elation 1.9.05

J

jomarkpro

Dear Cottonblossom:
Thanks for the advice I will give that a try. I am looking forward to presenting this, this weekend!

J

jomarkpro

I got it to work this morning. Not sure what I did wrong the first time but it worked this time. So I now have my fun pass.

C

crusingmama

Did you go to the Carnival site and check your reservations and your profile? After filling out the information you click on fun pass and it should let you complete your registration. It should also tell you of any previous cruises that you have taken through Carnival. This should work for you...Let me know if you need any more help. After going back and checking mine last week something wierd was wrong. It showed my husband fun pass to be completed but mine was incomplete. I had already printed it out and everything, but had to do it the second time. Our friends that are traveling with us was done the same way. I don't know if when they gave the cabin assignments that maybe something got mixed up then or what the deal was. But all I knew was that I was going on this cruise with or without my husband........LOL....I hear you guys are in for some cold weather for Christmas....I hope it passes us up this year. Hope you have A Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year....see you'll soon....Only 19 more days to gooooooooooooooooo..............

C

crusingmama

Sorry I didn't see that we had a page two to our posts.....never mind the previous post.....Glad it worked for you....

B

bernman

hello everyone!

I am going on this cruise as well. We are very excited. By a striking coincidence, we also used Vickie's Travel through ebay. We were not so happy with the service provided, but we got a great deal. Not so sure we would use her again. I did not find her to be very responsive.

Anyway, the tickets are here in our hot little hands and we are totally psyched. We are down the hall from you both, I think. We are in U-39.

Look forward to seeing you. Have a happy and healthy new year everyone!

Only 18 days to go!

J

jomarkpro

We need to have a Vickie party while on board. Sorry you had a bad experinece with her. I found her and her staff pretty responsive. Everything I asked for or about happened pretty close to her timeline. Plus you literly can't beat that price. Well let's all forget about our problems when we get on board the ship! Have a Merry Christmas.

C

crusingmama

Hey, it is sleeting here today, really bad, people here in Arkansas don't like this too much...Can't wait till we are on the ship...I agree that at times I could not reach Vickie or her staff to answer my questions but I guess I'm satisfied now that I have my docs in hand.. You sure can't beat the prices she had on it. Bernman, I have been following your post on the other site....this has been going for a while...Sorry you've had bad luck with her. Mark...have you noticed that you are now a dishwasher/potwasher.....LOL. I'm a deck attendant, that is to funny..Just think only 18 more days to gooooooooooooo.....Bernman, did you book a balcony or certain room or what. Looks like you a pretty good room.

B

bernman

mama,

The auction we won was for a 4A gty w/ a $75 credit. I think we got an upgrade to a 4C. The price was really quite good though and we are happy to be going. I know we would not use Vickie again, but that shouldn't matter since DW is pregnant and due in July so next cruise should be some time in...never. :)

Anyway, we are certainly over it since we got our docs.

We are really, really, really looking forward to this.

I think we are gonna take it easy, maybe do the ruins/rodeo in Progresso and play it by ear on the other ports. Any suggestions anyone?

J

jomarkpro

I'm a Dishwasher, your a Deck Attendant does that mean I have to salute you? Everyone together Breath in and say 18 days!, 18 days!

J

jomarkpro

Bernman:

In Coz I think we will play it by ear also probably go the one Natil park where they have snorkeling. In Belieze I've got resurvations for cave tubing with X-Stream. 38.00 per person cheaper then the ship tours. Don't have a clue about progresso. So your expecting in July? Outstanding enjoy this trip! I've got 3 and this is really our first time away alone in years. I am sorry you had problems with Vickie. I think it might be the nature of the ebay game for cruises. But now that I have my tickets and Doc's I'm cool and ready to do this.

B

bernman

Jomarkpro,

Thanks for the good wishes. We will ALL have a blast I am sure.

Just as an FYI. I have seen on a couple of threads on the cruise critic site that they have changed the order of the ports around on the Elation on the last few sailings. I only mention this because you said you have a reservation outside the cruise line. I don't know if this is a permanent change or what. The reasons I have seen are becaus so many ships are at the ports at the same time, they change it so they can dock easier (I guess).

You may want to check on the flexibility of X-stream. Also, you may want to check on cruise critic as I was not really paying close attention since it did not affect me.

C

crusingmama

I also noticed that some of the excursions have been canceled due to inclument weather. Our guys do the snorkeling scene and we shop, then we meet up with them and either go to the beach or tour the islands whichever we feel like doing.....Mark you do not have to salute me remember on this cruise I don't have to do any decision making or anything...............I'M ON VACATION...... Mark have you already paid for your excursions and do they have a refund policy?
Bernman, Mark , we are going to Alaska in 2006, why not come with us then. We have 4 boys and one is left at home so we know what it's like to raise children. Congratulations to you.
I think we have been to most of the islands down there, east, west or southern caribbean over the last 4 years...Not saying we would not enjoying going again just wanting to venture out somewhere different.

J

jomarkpro

Gerty:
I like the idea I won't have to salute you! :) I only put a very small down payment or deposit down and they have a very open refund policy. They are on the Islands tourism website so they are pretty well known. We will just have to watch and see what happens. We can cancel up to two days before so I'm not going to be out anything. At present we are still going to be going into the port or tender on Thur the 13th. By the way Alaska sounds great but want to concentrate on this one first. Talk later. 2 and 1/2 more days till the big reveal to my wife!!! I think I'm almost more excited about that! Later.

C

crusingmama

Tell her to e-mail me after Christmas so that I can tell her how happy that she is finally joining us. I am almost as excited as you are in keeping this secret...I just love to keep secrets. She will be soooo pleased that you have done this for her. Do you guys have ice and snow or is that only a given this time of year?

J

jomarkpro

Normally we do have Ice and snow but this year it has all missed us except the COLD. -3 right now with a -16 wind chill. So much fun! Hope it warms up down south. Houston today is only something like 45. It should be a good time though. I will have her e-mail or post you when she gets over the shock. I've got this whole clue hunt thing for her on Sat. With the last clue telling her 1. I love her and 2. It's paid for! The second question will be on her mind. :) Well have Blessed Merry Christmas and I will talk with you later.

Mark

C

crusingmama

That sounds so nice, I don't have anything exciting planned for George other than I did Buy him is own snorkel mask and gear. He usually just uses what the ship furnishes, but he expressed wishes last year about getting his own and hasn't gotten it yet. So Mrs Claus helped him out. He will really be happy. He is a very simple person and it doesn't take much to please him. That's why I love him...May God Bless You and Yours for the wonderful holiday season.

J

jomarkpro

Hi Cruisin'mama,
This is Jo and yes I was very surprised by Mark's Christmas present and yes My first question was "How?" When I have been nearly unemployed all year I don't know how he paid for it. He said he did a lot of funerals. He always manages to pull surprises on me, maybe because I am not a suspicious person so I don't look for keeping secrets. And there were so many people in on it too! I am very excited. Someday I will repay him though. We will have to get together- I have to know who my hubby has been having an illicit conversation with for the last few months! 14 days to go Woohoo!
Jo Jacobs

C

crusingmama

It is great to hear from you, I have been wondering when I would hear from you. I can almost feel your excitment because I know how I feel. That was cute with your husband saying he did a lot of funerals. He told me he was a minister, that is to funny. Only 13 more days to go. I am looking forward to meeting you and Mark. As I told him there are my best friend Debby and her hubby Curtis and my husband George and myself in our group. This is our 4th cruise and we are all excited about it. The men like to do the snorkeling thing and we LOVE to shop for anything. We will be driving down on Saturday the 8th, so we will be fresh for the next day.....I sure hope the weather warms up some along the coast, they have also had a year of record breaking temperatures and snow that they have not had since 1895. That is over a 100 years ago. We have been picking out our clothes that we are going to wear for about 3 months now, and changing our minds again and again. We are going to be in the cabin next to you guys so I'm sure we will see alot of you'll. Looking forward to meeting you in person.

J

jomarkpro

Well Crusing mama:
One week from tomarrow we start on our trip down to Galvaston! Can hardly wait. The weather is supposed to be rainy there until Sat and then clear up! That should be good timing. Both Joanne and I are now packing and making sure we have what we need. Can't forget sunscreen! Well have a great new year and we are looking forward to meeting you soon.

C

crusingmama

Hello, my friend and I are counting down the days until we go. You would think that we on our first cruise with all the planning and replanning we do. We make lists of things to take and lists of what clothes to wear and what our husbands are to wear. They are sick of us....My husband, George has been down in his back this week. I told him he needed to go to the doctor today since we were headed into a 3 day weekend, but he is so stubborn. I told him that I might be sending him a postcard from the islands in a few days but he assures me that he will be on the ship with me. So we shall see. He had surgery about 16 yrs ago and every once and a while he has a few problems and then he is okay. I pray that he will bedoing better soon because this trip is especially for the guys to snorkel in Belize. The main reason we booked it was for them. It would be a shame if he can't enjoy it. Hey, did you notice that you are a baker trainee? I sure hope that you will learn how to make those beautiful desserts and share your secrets with the rest of us. I'm a galley cleaner..............tough job but someone has to do it...Did you'll find a place to stay in Galveston? We are also looking forward to meeting you guys on board..Just think only 8 days after today. Can't wait................................