Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Rome port hotel

Discussion in 'Europe' started by barryofm, Sep 10, 2009.

1. barryofm

barryofm Active Member

Anyone have suggestion for a moderately priced hotel for the Roman port? I'll just need one night at end of cruise and don't think I want to go into Rome itself, having been there before. So somewhere reasonable to relax for a day/night would be good and from where I can easily get to airport in the morning. thanks

2. Ted_D

Ted_D Well-Known Member

Barry,

I do not know of hotels at the port itself, which is quite a ways from both the airport and Rome itself. However, at the airport, there is a Best Western. It is nothing special, but much cheaper than most of the other airport hotels like the Hilton. About 2 miles from the airport and right at the train station is the Mach 2 Hotel. It is a little "pricier" than the Best Western, but a much nicer place, and more removed from the niose of departing / landing planes.

Good luck.

Ted

3. barryofm

barryofm Active Member

thanks, Ted - I appreciate it - and I didn't really want to stay at the port either - I should have written my question better.