Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Room Service Liquor

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by zip3636, Jan 15, 2007.

1. zip3636

zip3636 Guest

Hello Everyone,

We recently received our documents for our upcoming cruise aboard the Sea Princess.

I notice that they are offering only liquor packages (375 ml bottles plus nuts) with very few selections (no Crown Royal)!!!

Can we still order 1.5 litre bottles from room service?

Cheers,
    Zip

Sea Princess March 07
    Crown Princess Sept 07

Summit Sept 06 (Vancouver-Alaska-LA)
    Coral Princess March 06
    Star Princess Feb 06
    Maasdam Sept 05
    Star Princess March 05
    Golden PrincessFeb 04

2. Colo Cruiser

Colo Cruiser Guest

No, now they have the 375 bottles.
    Take the CRown Royal with you.

3. zip3636

zip3636 Guest

Thanks Colo Cruise for the heads up!

We can be creative when we have to.

Cheers,
    Zip

4. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

:grin..and I will be so very kind to Sea Princess for you while I am on her.. and "warm" :grin.. her up for you..Oh and Morris enjoy the Crown Royal..:grin..Hope all is well in Montreal.. hello to the Missus...hugs..Joanne

5. zip3636

zip3636 Guest

Hi Joanne,

We are sooo happy that you will warm her up for us. We expect you to take charge.

SAY hello TO Mark for us.

Special attention must be paid to our room steward, please do not tire

him or her out-but then again, they have two weeks to recover before we board. Make sure they are properly trained ie leave extra chocolates at nite, clean wine glasses in the cabin at all times.,and daily wash the balcony railing windows (both sides!!!).

If you and Mark go over board in the ports and buy too much booze & bling blings and find yourselves above US Custom<s allowances. Just leave the loot for us with the cabin steward. After all, you are our new best buddies, so we will help you out.

Each evening, as we sail into the sunset (while the Crown lasts) we will toast your health.

Smooth sailings!

Morris & Judy

6. Einstein

Einstein Guest

And if U were REAL nice Cutes U would leave Morris a 1.5 li bottle of Crown for when they arrive. :grin

7. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

OMG....ROTFLMAO.. Jeez Einstein... that huge bag of prize pistachios for Amigos is getting smaller by the month..:nono... , and in turn the Rhubarb Raspberry Jam for Red Stripe is incrementally getting larger.. Careful fella!!..:grin.,

and as for you Morris.. I shan't worry you'll go without the Crown..I have a sneaking suspicion it'll get on in port!!..=hugs to you in Montreal....:)..Joanne.

8. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Guest

Just an FYI zip - I was on the Golden last month and it was $12.50 for the drink packages of .375 There were other lists in book of selections but I forget what they were. Sorry..

9. red stripe

red stripe Guest

cutes.. do not disturb your packing plans.... I will gladly eat the pistachios :grin

10. drewt

drewt Guest

Ive had the same question. How do we get the crown royal in the ship though?:S Maybe you can answer after your March cruise?

11. Einstein

Einstein Guest

U get it on in a double ziplock bag with bubble wrapped and placed in your checked luggage. One bottle will be fine. If it was a case then there might be an uproar. :grin Also the room service packages are cheaper by a small amount when purchased onboard versus thru the Princess site.

12. tutak

tutak Guest

[quote iluvcruzin]Just an FYI zip - I was on the Golden last month and it was $12.50 for the drink packages of .375 There were other lists in book of selections but I forget what they were. Sorry..[/quote]

We used to buy 1 Liter Beefeaters for $22 onboard At $12.50 for .375 liter that is $33 per liter. On top of that, the "gift" section on the Princess website only lists Gordons. I would never insult a guest at my house by servinf Gordons. Take the Crown Royal!

13. drewt

drewt Guest

Thanks for the tips on getting Crown on the ship. Crown, Weisers, or Canadian Club..it doesn't matter to my wife but as long as it is rye whisky she's happy...really happy...I've had tips including flushing out a listerine bottle and filling it with the good stuff. What a great website this is aye?

14. George C

George C Guest

I also will empty out half lieter bottles of Iced Tea ans carried it on with carry on luggage and never were questioned, they are lookling for shape of bottles via x-ray

15. drewt

drewt Guest

Have you ever heard of these actually being removed from luggage? We took a plastic mickie (small bottle of booze) onto a Costa ship once and they did not do anything. I sense that one bottle will not even be questioned. You can't carry a plastic bottle of water onto a plane nowadays so I wonder how long before the same rules make the cruiseships. :)-D

16. Einstein

Einstein Guest

NEVER have had a problem with regards to Princess but there is ALWAYS a 1st. RCCL seems to be more of a stickler on this issue than Princess at the present time. =shrug I am sure one bottle would most likely NOT set off any alarms at all. :)

17. kezz

kezz Guest

375 ml bottles.

Why oh Why do they do this?

I know they want money in the tills so to speak, and all those 15% grats.

But c'mon. People do like to have a tipple in their room an on the Balc if you have one.

Couple of years ago on Princess we (as already said) were able to order a ltr bottle for $22.

this didn't stop us buying from the bar. ust nice to have a drink while getting ready to go out (or in).

They seem to be forcing people to bring on their own booze.

Ehh I don't know.

Anyways scanned Princess web site and can't find what is available.

Anyone point me in the right direction with a link:)

Thanks

kezz