Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

"S" cat questions

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by redcrown, Mar 24, 2005.

1. LUV2Cruz2

LUV2Cruz2 Guest

Yes, Peaches...I meant the Zuiderdam. I notice the S suites are a little smaller, but I can handle that. I really love the Volendam, but I got a really good deal on the Zuid. for a 7 dayer...just fit into my schedule before I take a long cruise in a few months.

I'm disppointed in the Zaandam leaving Port Canaveral though and not coming back. That was the perfect setup for a 7 day cruise for those of us who just want to take a week every other month or so and don't want to travel more than 10 miles to the port.

2. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

We fully expected to not be happy with Zuiderdam but booked it out of curiousity and because we had some very dear friends aboard we wanted to see.

We were so surprised to like it as much as we did. We have truly enjoyed five cruises on her and hope to return again at our first available opportunity.

The bathroom on the Vista Class Suites is larger than on the other ships "S" cabins and the verandas are smaller but more but still very big and comfortable.

There is alot of storage in closet space but the drawers are ridiculous IMO

Some genious decided to eliminate a full nine drawers that exist in the same space in the Suites on all other HAL ships but for the Vistas. In the place of those drawers, there is an empty space. This designer/engineer probably has 5 degrees that told him we'd rather look at nothing than have the use of 9 drawers!!! Presumably, it is to be able to pull up a chair and use the bureau top as a desk. However, there is a desk at the other side of the suite. Do they think we need two on a cruise? Give me the drawers :)

The dressing table is nice but dark. The new makeup mirrors help but the area should have more light IMO

Oh well.....just my own observations. But, still, I do like that cabin and have already enjoyed five cruises in it and look forward to more.

3. LUV2Cruz2

LUV2Cruz2 Guest

Do they have DVD players or Tape players on the Zuid? I need to know whether to take my portable or not. I have a very large DVD library and will take some flicks to watch when I get tired of seeing the same movie at different points of it during the day. I once saw Pirates of the Carribbean in about 15 different parts ...and none of them sequenced because every time I got into my suite, it was on a different part!

Oh, S7S, how much smaller is the verandah on the Zuid? I'm talking about a regular S suite and not the odd shaped one.

4. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

I would say it is roughly 15% smaller....perhaps a bit more. It is still VERY comfortable. I like the table and four chair better on Zuiderdam than the chairs on other than Vista ships. There are two rattan chairs with ottomans and a small table between them to hold a drink etc

The difference in the size really didn't matter to us at all. We felt it still very roomy.