Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

S suite perks being cut?

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by sage, May 26, 2004.

1. sage

sage Guest

I have read on another cruise board that the S suite perks are being cut, in particular the suite luncheon and the option of the King's or Queens room for breakfast and lunch. Has anyone else heard any more on this subject? I'm beginning to wonder if this continues, what will be left by the time I cruise in December.

2. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Sage,

The Vista Class ships don't have the King's/Queen's rooms, so breakfast and lunch are offered for Suite guests in the Pinnacle Grill/Odyssey restaurants on these ships only. I've heard nothing about cutting this perk.

Also, I've heard nothing about cutting the suite luncheon either - it's a buffet-style meal, usually in the Crow's Nest offered on 7-night cruises. The longer cruises still offer both the luncheon AND dinner.

Sometimes, TA's are the last to know about proposed changes with any cruise line, but I haven't heard either of these two rumors.

3. sage

sage Guest

ShipMaven,

Thank you for your prompt reply and encouraging words. We are so looking forward to our Volendam cruise in December.

4. Judi

Judi Guest

sage,

If you're in one of the S full suites, you will absolutely LOVE it!

One thing that we particularly enjoy is the evening hors d'oeuvres. We've ordered them to munch on while we're getting ready for dinner. We like the fact that we can have them earlier than our "regular" cocktail hour, thus not feeling us up too close to dinner.

5. sage

sage Guest

Judi,

Thanks for reminding me. We really love the hors d' oeuvres in the evening. DH is being very generous and gifting me with another cruise in the PS. This will be my first time on the Volendam, and we are so looking forward to the ship and crew.

6. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

We were on Rotterdam in March....a ten day cruise. There was NO suite luncheon as has always been offered in the past.

7. Spender Nui

Spender Nui Guest

We were on the Rotterdam this month for 10 days. We had a suite luncheon but no dinner. Kings Room for breakfast and regular lunch.

8. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Holland America is not aware of any changes in suite perks at this time.

9. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Nevertheless, the fact of the matter is : we did not have a Suite lunch on our Rotterdam cruise? Nor did the cruise just after us!

Post Edited (05-27-04 11:38)

10. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Sail - perhaps it's up to the Officers? Spender Nui - same ship as you, also 10 days - had a suite luncheon on his cruise this month.

11. seashell

seashell Guest

Why would something like this be up to the officers? This doesn't seem right. One cruise has them and another does not.

I have also read about the cuts. It appears that some passengers were informed that there would be no more breakfast and lunch in either the Pinnacle or Kings-Queen rooms, on a cruise last week. There was also mention of newpapers being discontinued for suite passensgers also.

12. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Where are you finding this, Seashell? I'm not disputing what you're reading or saying - would like to see for myself what's being said.

Sometimes, depending upon itinerary (i.e., very port intensive), there may not be time for the suite lunch. But this doesn't answer the situation on the Rotterdam where Sail didn't have the lunch and Spender Nui did.

13. cjb71870

cjb71870 Guest

We were just on our Honeymoon on the Zaandam in an "S" Suite. From March 21-29 and we had Suite luncheons and a Kings room breakfast and lunch time. We had an invitation everyday to something with the Suite. No negatives here!!! That's only our experience.

14. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

It does vary by ship, by who is Captain, Hotel Manager...... (just guessing but maybe by budget???)

We've been in an "S" so very many times on all of the ships and through the years, we have seen variances. Far more today than ever before.

15. jimlinalf

jimlinalf Guest

We are in a S suite on the Zaandam in October and wonder about this breakfast and lunch setup for s suites. Is there a different spots for these meals since there is no neptune lounge on the Zaandam yet. Any info would be appreciated from someone that has recently sailed on her.

Jim

16. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Jim,

You'll be able to dine in the King's Room for breakfast and lunch. The King's Room (off of the main dining room, upper level) has nothing at all to do with the Neptune Lounge.

Enjoy!

17. seashell

seashell Guest

18. GayleA

GayleA Guest

Just off the Rotterdam May 27th and there was no breakfast or lunch in the Kings
    room and no newspapers in the suites.

19. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Seashell - thank you for the links. Frankly, I'm not happy with what I'm reading. And my only suggestion is for people to make their feelings known directly to HAL. Griping on cruise forums may help someone to "vent", but Holland America needs to know any dissatisfaction directly. :(

20. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Interesting, Gayle. :( This appears to be a ship-to-ship policy, at least for now.