Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

sad days....

Discussion in 'The Safe Harbor' started by reggae, Jan 7, 2009.

1. reggae

reggae Guest

I haven't been on the board much, as I am just filled with sadness...

We have my brother's MIL in ICU after a massive heart attack. She is 65 and three months ago had heart bypass surgery....she was doing well, so there is so much confusion right now.

She's on life-support, she was found Monday, unconscious by her husband. She has not responded, still unconscious and yesterday's EEG showed no brain activity.

Her name is Kathleen Joy, and a "joy to all" she is....to her Irish family of eight brothers and one sister, to her children and her two little granddaughters. There wasn't a day to go by without her seeing her "little angels", they are the love of her life. She is the alway smiling, Irish lass, full of fun and energy....and we are all so sad right now.....

In addition, my other SIL has her Mom being moved to Hospice today. A Mom of seven, and they are all beyond grief right now. They were told it would be a matter of days now...

It so sad for all of us right now, can't sleep, just fighting back tears...

We'd appreciate any prayers, for there to be no suffering for these wonderful women, and for their families....thank you so much...

2. popcorn

popcorn Guest

That is so tough. Prayers going out that these two women don't suffer too much.

Liz

3. KathyC

KathyC Guest

So sorry for you & your family as you go thru these trying times.

4. maw

maw Guest

My best wishes for strength and solice for you and famiy during this hard time. Hugs Maw

5. debowah

debowah Guest

Comforting prayers for all in need.......peace.

6. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

OH Patty ..My heart just plain hurts for you.. and Wowee do I know where you are... some days it's just hard to put one foot in front of the other.. you are at Home,and your mind just spins....
    I have work, silly as THAT sounds..but with Nursing ;concentration *IS* everything.. so much of the time home life IS banished..
    prayers from our Home to you..HUGE hugs Joanne

7. GloBug

GloBug Guest

I am so sorry to hear this about two of the special women in your family. Prayers that there is no pain in their journey.

8. audrey

audrey Guest

prayers on the way to you and your family

9. mrsrocster

mrsrocster Guest

Ask and yee shall receive........prayers on the way, for strength for all who need it at this difficult time.

Michelle

10. JacquieP

JacquieP Guest

Prayers are on the way for your entire family.

11. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Oh, Patty. I am so distressed to read this. I just now saw your note. Please know that prayers are being sent from Arizona, including prayers for strength for the entire family.

{{{Hugs}}},

Mary Ann

12. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

reggae, I am so sorry to hear this. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

13. Calgon1

Calgon1 Guest

What terrible news! Reggae, please know that we are working the prayer line hard. Hang in there.

14. reggae

reggae Guest

Thanks so much for the prayers...

Kathleen Joy was one of our cruise buddies..She loved cruising, and never missed a minute of the activities..we have had some wonderful times with her and her family...

15. JANPEP

JANPEP Guest

Prayers & good thoughts are on the way to you & your family from MN.

16. Karry

Karry Guest

Patty, just saw this and I am heartbroken for you and your family. Please accept my prayers for comfort and strength at this very difficult time. =hug =hug

17. MARIPOSA

MARIPOSA Guest

When I finallly do cross over to that land of no pain or suffering I want my loved ones to celebrate my life and focus on the good times we had together. This would be a great time to start listing those beloved memories of the joy that these two special women have brought into your life. Just keep a pen and a pretty little notebook handy and jot down your thoughts as they come to you. You might ask others to add to your list. Focusing on these wonderful experiences will help you all to be ready to bid them farewell when they do finally leave you for that joyous homecoming that awaits them.

when I worked with hospice for 3 day shifts I always sat with the person and asked what things in their home meant a lot to them and then I gathered those things and arranged them in the room so they could enjoy them. I actually laid my head next to them on their pillow and made sure these treasures were in their line of vision. LOL We also made collages of special photos and when the family came to visit they all had great sources of topics to use when spending those last quality moments with the one they were saying good bye to. But the best gift that I was able to give to these folks was to encourage them to be able to voice their fears, hopes and thoughts on leaving this ole world behind if they cared to share them. Often the family members were too grief stricken to be able to do offer this gift and it filled our night time insomnia chat sessions.

God bless you as you face this difficult time ahead.
    Hugs, Mari

18. Donna - dsw

Donna - dsw Guest

May you all find the comfort, strength and courage to make the decisions you need at this time.

19. reggae

reggae Guest

Sad to say, Kathleen Joy passed away this morning....We are glad her suffering is over, and hope she's on one wonderful cruise, now :)

Ronda, a little story about Kathleen...

When I first met her (soon after my brother married her daughter), I was telling her about my dear little son (who was a toddler). Well, he needed his very first haircut. Off we went to the Barber Shop, but once we got him up in the chair, there was no way he was going to let him cut his hair. He was scared to death and carried on like the barber was going to kill him!

So I was telling Kathleen the story. She was a hairdresser and had her own shop at the time. She told me to bring him in to her. So, off we went, and I'm thinking this is going to be a disaster!

But she took him by the hand, sat him up in the big chair and handed him a big spray bottle, and said "Jon, I need you to do something for me"..."I need you to spray these guys on the mirror"....She went on to draw some little characters on the mirror, and told him to start "shooting"....

Well, he thought this was just grand! He was shooting away, and she was cutting his hair so fast...he didn't even know it was happening.

He was all trimmed up, and finally looked like a little boy!

Kathleen beamed with pride, and wouldn't take a cent. She loved children so much, and her eyes would sparkle whenever she was around them.

We'll surely miss this fine lady....

Thanks all, for the prayers and kind thoughts...

20. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Patty - I'm so sorry. May this lovely lady rest in peace, and may God comfort all the family. Please accept my sincerest condolences.

{{{HUGS}}}

Mary Ann