Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

sailing on Sensation

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by Robert001, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Robert001

Robert001 Guest

Anyone got any tips on getting the most out of the Sensation? We are leaving Saturday the 19th. Thanks

2. I don't have any tips, but I'll probably be watching you leave. I live over in Clearwater, FL; and once in a while I like to go over to Channelside in Tampa and watch the Sensation get ready to depart. I planned on being over that way on the 19th. It is very interesting to watch all of the activity involved in getting the ship ready to sail. I sit on the veranda of a restaurant called Margarita Mamas on the second level of Channelside, have a drink, and just observe. The ship would have to be less than 100 feet away from me. It is getting to be a rather popular viewing spot for Tampa residents.

It appears to me that most folks get into the "party spirit" as soon as they board the ship. You will have a lifeboat drill before you leave port, usually around 3:30 to 4:00 pm. The ship usually leaves about 4:20. If you see someone on shore wearing a blue and orange Florida Gators hat and holding a Corona beer, with a lime in it, it is me.

I hope you enjoy your trip.

3. We'll be 'sailing' on the Sensation in March!
    Looking forward to your comments on your trip.

We're going a day early and staying at a nearby hotel, just in case.

(I'd go now if I could)

Have a great trip!