Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

sailing saturday

Discussion in 'Alaska & Pacific Northwest Ports' started by lougee1043, Jul 31, 2002.

1. lougee1043

lougee1043 Guest

we check in at an airport hotel tomorrow (thur)pm and take an early am flight to vancouver bc--spend a day there and board the zaandam on saturday for a wonderful week of cruising the inland passage --
    our highlight will be in skagway where we are booked to take the helicoptor/dog sled excursion.

see you all when we get back

lougee

2. Bruce

Bruce Guest

You are going to love your cruise. I did The Statendam last year to Alaska with a weeks tour inland. Soak it all up, and be sure and take a whale watching tour.

3. BSeaBob

BSeaBob Guest

and the weather here is going to be great on the weekend!!!!!!!!

4. PEB

PEB Guest

May you have clear skies and calm seas! I always enjoy cruising Alaska!

5. Barbarak

Barbarak Guest

Enjoy!!! I love Alaska :eek:)

6. lougee1043

lougee1043 Guest

weather went to hell in a handbasket
    glacier bay- cloudy and fogge
    skagway overcast- helicopter couldnt land on glacier - tour cancelled
    ketchikan- cold and rain- to the bone

loved our cruise

7. Mary

Mary Guest

We just returned from a 12 day Alaska cruise...........weather was great..........sunny, breezy on deck but never bitter cold...............Dog sled was canceled on our cruise :<(! Did wild life sea quest cruises and they were great......saw whales, otters, seal and eagles everywhere!!!!!! Have a wonderful cruise........Glacier Bay is spectacular.......have patience and you will see and hear the roar of the glaciers calfing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful cruise............You need a wind shirt, sweat shirt, hat , gloves , bring shorts and T's , jeans, slacks but not real heavy clothing...........no bitter cold and wind chills.........esp. in Ports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!