:) Saved by a Sweet Potato....

Cruise cutie

:biggrin::whistle::madd:........

anyhoo ...I had this plan to get this set..

was on a mission and needed to make TWO Carrot cakes baked and frosted..
and WHOOPS....and time to get it set..and short by one cup of carrots..and recalled a tip from a Dear Southern Belle Lady 30 plus years ago....

substitute Sweet Potato for the need of the one cup carrots ~ and whip it together..SO...peeled the Sweet potato, cut it up, and ground it..same sweet/same consistency..and Un Voila..in the oven it went..did it one time wayyyyy back when..and it worked..Gotta love folks who know how to bail you..lol..off to whip up the Cream Cheese frosting..and then my 3-11P..

see you later gators..:)..Joanne

Last edited:

Cruise cutie

Ohhhh I wanna piece of that!
Carrot Cake Delight
..Bake at 350 degrees.pre-heat oven.
[ either 9x13" pan, or two 8" round pans greased and floured]

2 cups flour
1 Teaspoon Baking soda
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon salt.. sift all into a pan set aside..

1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs
2 cups finely chopped (peeled) carrots
1 cup drained crushed pineapple
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts

Beat the eggs, sugar, oil,& vanilla till smooth.. add raisins, pineapple & carrots, and mix well, then walnuts.. Fold in dry ingredients.. whip with mixer.. pour into pan (s)..Bake and check for cooked at 40 minutes.. it bakes fast... cool, invert.. then back , Frost..

Cream Cheese Frosting
2 pounds confectioners sugar
2 sticks butter-soft
8 ounces Cream cheese-softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk

Cream butter, cream cheese & vanilla .. Add the sugar in several pours.till the entire 2 pounds of Confectioners is in.. if thick add the milk to thin..to your favorite consistency. it takes a bit to whip.. Makes a LOT of frosting..and I refrigerate mine for up to 3 months..( never makes it too 3 months!!..).

bostongal

Alright Joanne how do you bake all this stuff and not eat it?:scratch:

I am copying this recipe down and will be making a half of it soon for me to enjoy with tea....

Thanks!

Karry

I would go to Stop and Shop instead...not only do I not have carrots in my house, but I don't stock sweet potatoes either!:no: I am NOT a baker. Love to eat the stuff but hate to cook it. I am sure it tastes yummo, Joanne. :eek:k: Who is the lucky recipient?

nieciez

Community Sponsor
So if you subsitute sweet potato to you grate them raw or do you need to cook them and mashs them?

GloBug

Senior Flea Coller Tester
Oh, Cutie, what an excellent idea. In order to keep my Glycemic Index counts in check, I can't eat carrots. Darn. But sweet potatoes are complex carbs I CAN eat, and I never thought of making sweet potato cake or bread. Thanks!!!

Cruise cutie

I grate carrots for the Carrot cake, so today I grated the sweet potato.3 cups of carrots, and 1 cup sweet potato; to make 2 cakes.. .

It was "Tuesday Food' for work..and all "the kids".ie : staff.. thought it was yummo..it went well...:).