• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Self Service Laundromat

240BWH

I know that Princess has a self service Laundromat on the Emerald Princess, but I can't find out how much it would be and or if you can purchase single use laundry soap? Can anyone help. =COOL

D

duskbat

I used this one nite on the Diamond princess last week. the powder for wash is 1 dollar. the fabric softner is 1 dollar for 2 sheets. a load of wash 1 dollar and it cost me 2 dollars to dry my load of whites. they have a change machine in the laundrymat. the washers and dryer on Diamond were large. the room was empty at midnite so no one would take my wash out. if ya go late should be empty. hope this helps ;) have a nice cruise.

K

Kathy & Dave

I always bring a roll of quarters (sometimes the change machines don't work, which requires a trip to the purser's desk).

I have to use hypoallergenic soap, so I bring my own. www.ContainerStore.com has leakproof containers that are great for bringing your own. Some people bring their own dryer sheets. If you have a preference for a particular brand, you may want to bring your own.

Port days are good for doing laundry too. Sometimes we stay on the ship, or get back early and it's pretty quiet. Very busy during the day on "Formal" nights. Have a great trip!

B

Bobbie

Make sure you hide that roll of quarters. We had TSA agents at LAX steal our roll of quarters (and drink our small flask of liquor too.)

The quarter machines in the laundry room are often out and it's a hassle to go down to the Pursers' Desk to get more.

Kathy - Great idea on the leakproof containers - that's always a worry for me. I prefer to bring my own vs. using their Tide which is so harsh. Thanks! :thumb

G

Gayle V

Hi Bobbie, That disgusting, about the TSA agents, but you got off cheap.

We cruised a few months after 9/11 and had our carry-on's inspected by the TSA. They made me and hubby sit over fifteen feet away, while they went through all our stuff. I saw one guy open and poke his fingers all through my travel jewelry box. When they were done, they packed everything back up and handed us the bags. We had to get on the plane immediately, so I never noticed my sapphire ring was missing till we were in our cabin and at sea.

There wasn't much I could do about it then. And when we returned home over a week later, there didn't seem any point in complaining. I wasn't likely to ever to see that ring again, nor any compensation. And a lame apology would just have made me even angrier.

B

Bobbie

Gayle - What a dirty trick to pull! :( It just makes you have no faith in people when there are some like that! :(

Kathy - I looked at the website, but I'm not sure which bottles you use that are leak proof. Can you describe them? There are so many to choose from and I'm not sure what size is right. Thanks. :)

B

Bobbie

Okay, I'll try that 240BWH. I just did a search for "leak proof containers" and there were literally pages of them! =eek Thanks! :)

K

Kathy & Dave

Glad you were able to find them. I like the flip top ones for shampoo/conditioner...easier to handle in the tiny shower! For laundry soap, I use the plain screw top ones. Very handy! Great place to shop, the shipping is pretty quick too.

B

Bobbie

I made a special trip to The Container Store in San Diego yesterday. WHAT A NEAT PLACE!!!! I could've spent a fortune, but walked out with a bunch of the leak-proof screw-top containers, flip top shampoo-type containers, etc. for myself & my mom too.

Thanks so much for the recommendation! I've found a new favorite store! :grin