Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Sensation review finally posted

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by Kim1319, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Kim1319

Kim1319 Guest

Hey everyone, I posted a message on the Community board the other day but I forgot to post one here in the Carnival board. But just to let everyone know I posted my review from my Sensation cruise November 11 - November 15. And like I've warned the others on the other board.... Its long so I hope you have time to read it. I appreciate it from everyone who does. Thanks.

Happy Cruising!=whiteflag
    (*)Kim(*)

07/30/95 - Fantasy
    12/19/97 - Ecstasy
    07/26/99 - Imagination
    04/01/00 - Grandeur of the Seas
    04/01/01 - Carnival Victory
    03/29/03 - Carnival Triumph
    11/11/04 - Sensation

2. serene56

serene56 Guest

I want to see it but I cant find it- can you give me directions.

3. Kim1319

Kim1319 Guest

4. NY Eric

NY Eric Guest

Good to see some New reviews now that shes going out of NOLA!

5. MikeNBec

MikeNBec Guest

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. Sorry you found so many things to complain about! We're looking forward to our cruise in June......everyone we've spoken to has enjoyed the hell out of it (but as they say, your vacation is what you make it).

6. serene56

serene56 Guest

WOw I read the review and didnt see the complaints-- maybe I am missing something.

food for thought next time Kim-- Dont go to the pursers office right away- your card is activated as soon as you got onboard. Only remember to see the purser sometime that first day. (best time is after dinners) if you forget you wont be able to use the card the next day. I thank you for your review- for your first time you did awesome. Now if I can only find your pictures -----

7. Kim1319

Kim1319 Guest

Thanks serene for everything:).... liking my review and for the advice. I guess I just never realized I could wait until that late to put money down on my card. I appreciate the advice, but I see that it is much easier anyway by using a credit card so that is what I will be doing next time. :) I will make a private message to you, so check that. But I will explain how to find my photo album.

MikeNBec????? Complaints?????? LMFAO I think you need to re-read it. There was not one complaint about ANYTHING. I never complain about cruises. That was my 7th cruise and have never ever complained about a cruise, EVER. Even when I got sick my very first cruise when we were in a hurricane. LOL Re-read it, okay? Please??. I mean I enjoyed every minute of my cruise, even when the weather was cloudy and not the best that I've had. I ENJOYED IT! I made the best of it. I'm not one to complain about weather anyway. Or infact, to complain about anything. I am not a complainer and I am sorry that you are the only one that read my review and found it as I was complaining alot. gee. touchy. And okay I went back and re-read it to try and see where maybe it looks like I am complaining, and okay so maybe I may have said there were things I didn't like, (such as sailing down the Mississippi River), BUT I am glad I experienced it. Now that was just my opinion though, there are probably millions of other people who love sailing down the river. I went and found that is not something I like doing, so what? That's not complaining. I experienced something I didn't like, but it SURELY didn't stop me from having a good time. Maybe you over read that too.

So reading on,,, maybe another thing you assumed I was complaining about,, having to do with the smell of the river. Man, don't take things so seriously MikeNBec. and READ ALL THE WORDS, such as :

>But then again this was a cruise that was special because it was my mom and grandma's first one. So the others and I kinda showed them what cruising was all about and why we are so addicted. It was nice family time.<

I backed that saying of the smell of the river up by saying just that. And ya know what even though I didn't like sailing down the river, I sat and stood out there for hours just watching the buildings go by. I enjoyed the moment. Now I certainly can't complain about that. I didn't have to stay up on deck and watch if I didn't want to, so why in the heck would I complain about it? I wasn't.

Also you may have seen that I mentioned little things about the cabins,,, BUT I LAUGHED about them.. I didn't give a rip about that stuff. I simply mentioned them to let others know. because there ARE people out there who DO COMPLAIN and may not like to get on the ship and see that there is a little dent in the door or that the cabinent door in the bathroom didn't close all the way. Again, re-read my review you will see that I was laughing about that stuff, not complaining.

And okay so now you are probably going to read this and assume I am "attacking" you. My goodness please don't think that. Because I am not at all. I am explaining myself, and explaining my review so it doesn't seem like I was complaining alot in there. I was not complaining at all. If you have any more questions or anything that looks as if I was complaining, that I didn't cover in this message please let me know and I will explain that as well. Thank you for your time everyone and thank you for enjoying my review.

(*)Kim(*)

07/30/95 - Fantasy
    12/19/97 - Ecstasy
    07/26/99 - Imagination
    11/11/04 - Sensation

8. MikeNBec

MikeNBec Guest

Kim, I WAS KIDDIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My "your vacation is what you make it" was referring to the fact that you did JUST THAT............although there were a couple of "bumps", you just blew them off and had a good time. I TOTALLY apologize that I didn't add a smiley or something...........next time you come to New Orleans I'll buy ya'll a drink or 14, ok? ; )

9. pnorth

pnorth Guest

Kim, do you know what night they served Baked Alaskan? I missed it on my last cruise and don't want to miss it again in March. I have never tried it, but would love to. It looks so yummy!

10. Kim1319

Kim1319 Guest

No. I'm sorry I don't. And I didn't see it on any of the menu's. I have pictures of the menu's that I found on the internet or from one of these message boards. And the Menu's for a 4 night doesn't show any "Baked Alaskan". What is it?? And is it considered a Starter or a the Main Course? Because the only thing "Alaskan" that I found on the menu is called Hickory-Smoked Alaskan Salmon. But if you're doing the 5 day cruise then there's obviously going to be one more menu so maybe it is on the 5th Menu.

Sorry I can't help. :(

11. factor

factor Guest

Kim, Great review.... You hit just about everything there was to do. Only thing I can add is that we did do the Red, White and Blue thing. Hubby likes to sing. So he recieved points for the white team. And the games and such on deck at night were a blast.

Hope to meet up again on another cruise.

~Jackie

Norwegian ~98
    Imagination ~01
    Mariner of the Sea ~2/02
    Sensation 11/11/04
    Ecstacy 3/26/05

12. Kim1319

Kim1319 Guest

Hi Jackie, so you were on the same cruise eh? Cool! :thumb I can't remember if I had talked to you or not yet. Did you have early or late seating for dinner? We had early in the Fantasy Dining room. Our cabin was E26 and other family members in E22. What about you?? Oh, and did you happen to purchase the Video Log??

Thanks, i'll be in touch.

07/30/95 - Fantasy
    12/19/97 - Ecstasy
    07/26/99 - Imagination
    11/11/04 - Sensation

13. MikeNBec

MikeNBec Guest

Kim, I WAS KIDDIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My "your vacation is what you make it" was referring to the fact that you did JUST THAT............although there were a couple of "bumps", you just blew them off and had a good time. I TOTALLY apologize that I didn't add a smiley or something...........next time you come to New Orleans I'll buy ya'll a drink or 14, ok? ; )

14. Kim1319

Kim1319 Guest

MikeNBec?? why did you just repost that message. I got the point the first time LOL.

15. MikeNBec

MikeNBec Guest

Kim,
    Its called "I'm an idiot". LOL. Sorry.

16. factor

factor Guest

Hello Kim.

Yes we were on the same cruise. We were late seating in the Fantasy as well. Our cabin was E108 if I remember right. No, we didn't buy the video. We weren't in it. Only on the last night.

Again, Great review.....

~Jackie

17. factor

factor Guest

Hello Kim.

Yes we were on the same cruise. We were late seating in the Fantasy as well. Our cabin was E108 if I remember right. No, we didn't buy the video. We weren't in it. Only on the last night.

Again, Great review.....

~Jackie

18. factor

factor Guest

Hello Kim.

Again, Great review.....

~Jackie

19. Kim1319

Kim1319 Guest

Okay. Well if you know anybody who purchased the video log let me know. I would love to get a copy of it. I think my chances of getting another one from Carnival is very slim. I've called them 3 times now, and the last time I called they told me it takes 6-8 weeks to hear back from the ship. Well I called them the first time 8 weeks ago tomorrow(tuesday) The day after we returned home. So I'm gonna be calling them for the 4th time... probably on Thursday. But I just don't think I'm gonna get a new video, because I've been thinking okay, well if it takes 6-8 weeks just to hear back from the ship. Well thats HOW MANY CRUISES AFTER ours??? ALOT. And well I'm pretty sure they don't store THAT MANY extra video logs. So I'm certainly not getting my hopes on getting a new one from Carnival. But if anyone was on our cruise that has one, that I could get a copy from. That would be fantastic. I wanted it because my family was in it at the beginning,, on the very first day buying our "sailaway drink" LOL. And it was great. We flagged down the waiter... practically chased him around the back deck, then bought the last 5 drinks on his tray LOL. it was funny. And I wanna show the rest of our family the fun times we had.

But I'm glad you liked my review! :thumb :)

20. pnorth

pnorth Guest

Hi Kim, You can call Carnival and purchase the video even after your cruise. The Baked Alaskan is a dessert and I pray they have it on my cruise.