Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

sexy dressing

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by sexycruiser, Jul 12, 2004.

1. sexycruiser

sexycruiser Guest

is it appropriate to bring sexy clothing on a cruise for night clubs or any other activities? i.e. Spike heels, mini dresses, club wear etc...when, where? This is our first cruise.

2. Camelia

Camelia Guest

Unless someone corrects me, the answer is yes. You can see every imaginable dress code on a cruise ship; people walk around in bikini, shorts + tanktop, casual, dressed for dinner, sexy, etc. About the spike heels: you do a lot of walking on the ship because of its size and depending where your cabin is, so just be warned.

3. Nikki75

Nikki75 Guest

Yes, sexy clothes is appropriate for the dance clubs on the ship. On my last cruise, I choose attire that was both sexy and still appropriate to wear to the dining room and just wore those outfits to dinner and then to the clubs afterward. Alot of people buy formal clothes and then take them off right after dinner. If I am going to spend money on formal clothes, I am going to wear them all night long. Just make sure they are comfortable. I chose alot of sexy pantsuits that was fitting for the dining room and dancing. I also had some short dresses. The spike heels are fine, but I cant say that I would be comfortable in dancing in them.

4. Nikki75

Nikki75 Guest

Yes, sexy clothes is appropriate for the dance clubs on the ship. On my last cruise, I choose attire that was both sexy and still appropriate to wear to the dining room and just wore those outfits to dinner and then to the clubs afterward. Alot of people buy formal clothes and then take them off right after dinner. If I am going to spend money on formal clothes, I am going to wear them all night long. Just make sure they are comfortable. I chose alot of sexy pantsuits that was fitting for the dining room and dancing. I also had some short dresses. The spike heels are fine, but I cant say that I would be comfortable in dancing in them.

5. shadoesmom

shadoesmom Guest

Watch out for large waves with spike heels! :) The ship does have some motion.

6. sexycruiser

sexycruiser Guest

ok thanks. But how sexy? (different people have different ideas of sexy) Vegas nightclub sexy? is there any pics out there? Don't want to go too overboard so to speak but yet provide eye-candy.

7. Camelia

Camelia Guest

It's your vacation - WEAR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO WEAR!! Don't worry about other people; there are 3,000 passengers on the ship, none of them you will ever see again. What ship are you going? I feel most comfortable in shorts and flip-flops. There is just something about wearing flip-flops all day (except dinner), it means I am on vacation. It's also easy on the feet when taking all those stairs.

8. sexycruiser

sexycruiser Guest

Camelia, were going on the Glory Aug 7th. And yes, flip flops most of the time and carry the stilleto's till on the scene.

9. Cricket

Cricket Guest

Most people who wear extremely sexy clothes have a personality that tends to not worry about what others say or think. I say go for it girl and be yourself.

10. ctbeagles

ctbeagles Guest

I'm going on that 8/7 Glory cruise too (first timer) Here is my dilemma regarding night clubs. I am going on this cruise with my mother, stepfather, and 3 under 18 siblings. I am 26 myself and leaving boyfriend with 2 yr old son at home. I don't want to go WILD but do want to have some fun, is there anyway to hook up with other single people/groups of single travelers INNOCENTLY?? Any help from those who have been in similar situations would be greatly appreciated!!

11. Sharkin

Sharkin Guest

Sexy clothing is always appropriate and appreciated. Please don't worry about going overboard. If you got it, strut

12. wile1170

wile1170 Guest

Absolutely....especially if you're on a cruise that I'm on :) Althought I don't think it's appropriate for formal nights, the rest of the nights are fine..... Hey, if you've got it, show it off...

13. terri910

terri910 Guest

Let me just say that on a Carnival cruise to Ensenada we took some years back, during College Spring Break time (We know never to do THAT again!) I would've been very happy if the young women in the dance club had simply kept their sexy clothing ON.

No lie: I saw at least two young women with halter style dresses, on the dance floor, reach up to the back of their neck, untie the halter and drop the front of their dresses, and danced topless until it looked as if someone from the ship crew might see them, then they would tie them back up, only to come back down when it looked like it was "just passengers" again.

My husband and I just left the dance club (okay, he may have wished to have lingered, but he didn't SAY so! ;o) )....I thought it was bad enough that these young women were, IMO, putting themselves in harm's way, but at the very least they might have thought of the other passengers who had not expected a topless bar on the cruise ship.

Topless belongs on the sun deck, not in the dance club/lounge in the public areas of the ship.

14. Sophie

Sophie Guest

dress as sexy as you want.....its not like you can't always run to the cabin for a sweater or quick change if you feel uncomfortable. as for my, i always dance in spike heels! have fun :)

15. jester95008

jester95008 Guest

it depends , if your not sexy then I think they throw you off the ship for wearing sexy clothes. Be careful !

16. Camelia

Camelia Guest

sexycruiser - say hi to the Glory for me. We took the eastern carib in March, and I miss her. The Lido Deck kept playing "dancing queen" by ABBA; I bought the CD, and whenever I listen to it, I remember that wonderful cruise.

17. Sodey

Sodey Guest

Dear sexy cruiser,

Why not just post your pictures wearing your outfits and then we can all decide if it is appropriate or not?

18. LatinLadies

LatinLadies Guest

Girl if you got it Flaunt it! Have fun! Make it the vacation of a lifetime! You will fit right it!

Vivian

19. Well you could start out posting a pic of you nekid, then post the sexy outfits your have and we can give you our opinions.

You think? Probably not. Wear what you want and the heck with it.

Post Edited (07-21-04 09:10)

20. LatinLadies

LatinLadies Guest

That was a funny post. : )

Vivi