Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Share your crockpot recipes

Discussion in 'Food Recipes' started by suer182, Nov 18, 2006.

1. suer182

suer182 Guest

STOP LAUGHING !!!! I have a pretty good success rate with the crock pot.

2. Happy2cu

Happy2cu Guest

You gotta share your's first!

3. devilkinder

devilkinder Guest

I always make a roast in my crock pot.

Nothing special:

I just put the roast in with about a cup of water and whatever seasonings I have around that day. Or if I have a package of onion soup mix from Lipton I put that in with it. I also make little cuts and push some garlic inside. It usually cooks all day on low. I put mine over Japanese sticky rice (we love, love rice!). Thne I make my own gravy from the juices.

Thats about it!

A few days later...if there's any left I pull it apart, heat it on the stove and add BBQ sauce to it. Then we just throw that on some rolls, and we have another easy meal.

Ok now its someone else's turn to share!

Anyone make a meal with chicken in the crock pot? I would love to hear about it.

Kiffen

4. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

One of my favorite crock pot recipes is soooo easy, and yummy!!! I got it from allrecipes.com. Here it is:

2 pounds flank steak (I use London broil to make it more economical)
    1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed low sodium tomato soup
    1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix

Place meat in the bottom of the slow cooker; if necessary, slice meat to make it fit!

In a medium bowl, mix together mushroom and tomato soup. Pour mixture over beef. Sprinkle dry onion soup mix over top.

Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.

Serve over rice or noodles.

5. suer182

suer182 Guest

8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    2 cans whole potatos, drained
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 bottle Italian salad dressing
    1 package of frozen veggies
    1 can wter chestnuts (optional)
    salt and pepper

Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder. Put chicken in bottom of crock pot. Add veggies. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. I added the potatoes about 1 hour before serving.

Amounts can be adjusted. FIL and DH loved it.

6. Rubysky

Rubysky Guest

Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup serve 8

INGREDIENTS

* 1 pound shredded, cooked chicken
    * 1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
    * 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
    * 1 medium onion, chopped
    * 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
    * 2 cloves garlic, minced
    * 2 cups water
    * 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
    * 1 teaspoon cumin
    * 1 teaspoon chili powder
    * 1 teaspoon salt
    * 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    * 1 bay leaf
    * 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
    * 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
    * 7 corn tortillas
    * vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS

1. Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
    2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
    3. Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet.
    4. Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.

7. marleejean

marleejean Guest

Hey Suer.......is that "Share your crockpot recipes" suppose to have been "Share you clockpot recipes"??????

What do you do with the bottle of Italian dressing????

8. cycofan

cycofan Guest

I like to put in some stew meat with two cans of cream of mush soup. I cook on low for about 8 hours, and about 20 minutes before serving add a bag of frozen corn. I serve it over rice or just on bread. Then just wait 30 minutes to pass out from carb shock - but it sure is a good comfort food. My mom used to make it when I was little.

9. GloBug

GloBug Guest

(moved to clock pot thread)

[​IMG]

1/3 cup dried apricots
    1/3 cup drained Nicoise or Calamata olives
    2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
    1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
    1 tablespoon dry basil
    4 whole chicken legs (about 2 lbs. total)
    Freshly ground pepper
    2 tablespoons drained capers
    2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
    1/4 cup orange juice
    1/4 cup white wine vinegar
    Orange slices and Italian parsley sprigs

In a 4 quart or larger crock pot, combine apricots, olives, garlic, orange peel and basil. Rinse chicken and pat dry; then arrange on top of apricot mixture. Sprinkle with pepper, capers and sugar; drizzle with orange juice and vinegar. Cover and cook at low setting until meat near thighbone is very tender when pierced (6 to 7 hours).

Carefully lift chicken to a warm serving dish; using a slotted spoon, lift apricots and olives from cooker and arrange around chicken. Keep warm. Skim and discard fat from cooking liquid; pour liquid into a small pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then boil, stirring often, until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 10 minutes.) Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with orange slices and parlsey sprigs.

Serves 4.

I serve this over couscous. It's delicious, and good enough for dinner guests!

10. frhrwa

frhrwa Guest

Crockpot candy...

CROCK POT CANDY
    INGREDIENTS:
    1 jar (16-oz.) dry roasted peanuts, unsalted
    1 jar (16-0z.) dry roasted peanuts, salted
    1 pkg. (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 bar (4 oz.) German chocolate, broken into pieces
    3 lbs. (or 2 planks) white bark, broken into pieces

Put ingredients into a 5 quart crock pot in order listed. Cover and cook 3 hours on low. DO NOT REMOVE LID. Turn off and cool slightly. Mix thoroughly and drop by teaspoons onto waxed paper (very hot tho, so make sure your on a cutting board and not your good oak dining table or something similar...). Let cool thoroughly.

NOTES:
    I don't have a 5 qt. so I use my 4 qt. After about 30 minutes I open and put in what would not fit the first time, continuing as needed.

I use all salted peanuts.

I have experimented with exchanging peanut butter chips, etc. and it does not do as well because they are not as soft or smooth after melting.

I use 2 white or dark chocolate blocks (not 3 pounds as stated). You have to be careful to not let the color of the finished candy be a disgusting color.

I scoop out with a small cookie scoop. Using the cookie scoop is much easier for me than using two spoons. This takes a good while. You can make the pieces the size that you want. The closer to the bottom of the pot you go the tendency to have larger pieces.

I have never tried, but I imagine that using toasted pecans, walnuts, or almonds would also be good, if you like these nuts.

11. juvsu

juvsu Guest

Rubysky:
    I just made your tortilla chicken soup! Its a hit with DH, DD and me. Can't wait to try it out on Company. THANK YOU!

Susan

12. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

Start with a 3 or 4 pound bottom, rump, or blade roast. Slice onions very thickly, about 1 inch pieces and line bottom of crock. Place meat ontop.

Pour in one can of Coke, one can of tomatoes diced, 2 Cups of water a little salt, pepper, 2 bayleaves whole, and garlic powder. Add 3 stalks of cut celery. Add a bag of carrots sliced very thickly about 2 inches wide, and about 8 washed quarterd white or red potatos with skins on. Turn on low and let it cook about 6 hours.

13. Suez

Suez Guest

Suer, you asked for this recipe for my "Crockpot Roast". I hesitate to call it a recipe....

I simply throw a frozen (or thawed) roast in my crockpot, pour a can of beer (yes, beer!!) over it...add enough water to keep it from going dry (1 or 2 cups whatever feels right that day :lol ).

Cook on low all day, or high for 4-5 hours. If desired I throw in some potatoes, and/or carrots the last hour or two (depending on how small I cut up the potatoes).

Full meal to set on the table with a minimum of labor :) My kind of meal.

Suez

14. Calgon1

Calgon1 Guest

Crock Pot Lamb Roast Recipe
    Lamb Roasting Piece IMPORTANT Choose a piece of lamb that is going to fit in the pot.

We usually choose a lamb leg.

Vegetables Cut into inch size pieces and put in the Crock Pot first. Choose any vegetable you would normally roast. They will not be crispy, but soft and take on the flavor of the meat.

Optional Extras We generally add something else to enhance the lamb flavor. However you don't have to add anything if you don’t want.

Ideas
    # 1 1 tablespoons butter mixed with 1 teaspoon of ‘Roast Lamb Seasoning’ (mixture of rosemary, oregano, mint leaves, clove and garlic)- and rub over raw meat.
    # 2 1 tablespoons butter mixed with 1 teaspoon of garlic - and rub over raw meat.

DIRECTIONS Place vegetables (if cooking) in first then put the meat in the pot - rub on butter and extras if required. And that’s it. Nothing else to do or add.

Cook for about 4–6 hours on high OR 8–10 hours on low.

- - - - -

Lamb Chops in Apricot Curry
    Ingredients
    4-6 Lamb Chops - which ever your favorite (the cheapest:)
    ¼ cup white wine (or white wine vinegar)
    2 tsp crushed garlic (we use garlic out of a jar).
    1 tbls curry powder (makes mild curry - add more for hotter)
    250ml apricot nectar
    ½ tsp mixed herbs
    Optional Vegetables - If you want a one pot meal put a selection of your favorite vegetables in first. Last time, I used potato and sweet potato (yam - orange flesh) cut into inch size pieces – delicious.
    Method
    1. Mix the wine, garlic, curry powder and apricot nectar together.
    2. Put the meat in the Crock Pot. (Vegetable on bottom if using).
    3. Pour in Liquid
    4. Put on Lid, turn on and walk away. On low cook for 8-10 hours OR on high 4-5.
    5. An hour prior to serving, stir in the herbs.
    6. At this stage if the sauce is very runny just mix a tablespoon of corn flour with enough water to make a paste. Stir this into the Crock Pot and turn on high for half an hour.
    Notes
    Serves 4-6
    Just use your favorite vegetables, a couple of cup fulls should do.
    Serve with rice or my choice of cous cous.

Last time I cooked the Apricot Lamb Curry I used chump chops and left the fat on. When it had cooked there was a layer of oil on top of the stew. I spooned this off. But to prevent this just trim the chops of the fat first. (Lamb fat seems to do this much more than other meats???).

- - - - -

Fruity Lamb Shanks
    Ingredients
    4-6 Lamb Shanks
    1 cup dried apricots
    1 cup prunes (de-stoned)
    1 cup water
    2 tbls white vinegar
    1/3 cup super fine (castor) sugar
    ½ tsp ground allspice
    ½ tsp ground cinnamon
    ¼ tsp ground cloves
    pinch salt
    Method
    1. Place Shanks in Crock Pot.
    2. Scatter around the prunes and apricots.
    3. Mix all other ingredients in bowl or jug.
    4. Pour over shanks and fruit.
    5. Cook on low for 9-10 hours.
    Notes
    Serves 4-6
    Serve with roast or steamed vegies.

- - - - -

Spiced Lamb Shanks
    Ingredients
    6-8 lamb shanks, frenched
    ½ tsp chinese five spice powder
    2 tbsp plain (all-purpose) flour
    1 onion, finely diced
    4 garlic cloves, crushed
    17fl oz (500ml) beef stock
    2 tbsp red wine vinegar
    2 tbsp oyster sauce
    1 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tsp hoisin sauce
    ½ tsp pepper
    2 star anise
    1 cinnamon stick
    Method
    1 Place the chinese five spice and flour in a plastic bag.
    2 Put the lamb shanks a couple at a time into the bag, and coat well with mixture.
    3 Then put the lamb shanks in the crock pot.
    4 Combine any left over flour with all the other ingredients (except star anise and cinnamon) and pour into crock pot.
    5 Put the star anise and cinnamon stick in the crock pot between the shanks.
    6 Cook on low for 8 plus hours.