• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Shipmaven's Obituary

Gayle V

Cruiser's Compass Editor
Re: Weekend Open House - Part 2

Great photos, Charles. Both today's and yesterdays. MaryAnn would have loved them too. I lift my morning coffee to her memory. I will miss her.

Donna - dsw

Good Morning Everyone! I am so sure she is looking down on all of us and enjoying your choice!

I will have my usual French Vanillia with whipped cream!

Thanks for the share!

bostongal

Charles you have outdone yourself with such a beautiful spot and I am happy to join you all this morning. I'd love a cappuccino to start the day and look forward to spending some time with my c@ friends. Lulu will come along too but she's shy so she might just hide in her carrier all day.

Meg
:beach:

nieciez

Community Sponsor
Thanks for sharing the link with us Judi. This is a lovely picture of Mary Ann....it is so hard to believe she has been gone a week now the hurt is so fresh.

bostongal

Thanks Judi for sharing her obituary. She was a beautiful woman - inside and out and she is just gone far too soon. It doesn't seem real to me yet.

Charles

Captain Weather

Hi KK, Nieciez, and Lisa. Welcome.

A water and latte are coming right up.

Big HI's to Georgie, Louie, Henry, and Frasier. I'm sure Horhei will bring your water shortly.

c

tango55

Good morning. I didn't get a chance to join in yesterday, but I just read all the threads. Just finished blowing my nose and wiping my eyes - but the tears still won't stop!

I never had the pleasure of meeting Mary Ann in person - only via messages on this board. She answered questions for me when I first became a travel agent and was always so gracious. I've heard so many good things about her over the years, and now I'm getting to see the pictures as well. Thank you everyone for sharing your personal memories. I'm just finished my first cuppa tea, so I'll have another please.

I sent MaryAnn a picture of a doggie salon here when we first moved to the island called Pucci's and she loved it! We have a beautiful calico cat Sadie - and she would love to lie in the sun in this perfect spot picked for today's open house - thank you!

Terry

Tobyn

We are back again. A cuppa if you please, Sir. Timber brought some special "Alaskan Thunderstruck" catnip to share. He is on his best behavior and sharing his otherwise private stock to honor Mama Duck.

Thank you Charles for another perfect location for today's gathering.

The Cruiser

Another great spot Charles. I'll start off with a Mimosa. I'll go wake up Big Guy so he can romp with the other furbabies.

JANPEP

Community Sponsor
Thanks for posting this Judi. That sure is a beautiful picture as beautiful as she was. As others have said gone way to soon.

JANPEP

Community Sponsor

Thank you Charles for another beautiful spot for us to gather. I could use another cup of coffee. I brought my Pretty Pretty Kitty who I am sure will hide because thats what she does.

Charles

Captain Weather

Good morning all. Welcome to Connie, Gayle, Donna, Meg, Terry, Tobyn, TC, and Jan.

Big HI's to Lulu, Sadie, Timber, Big Guy, and Pretty Pretty Kitty!

Coffees, Lattes, a muffin, tea, and a Mimosa are coming right up. Did I get everyone?

C

bostongal

lulu on lap.jpg

Here's a picture of Lulu. She's a shy girl, hides a lot but she loves all the little ducks that we got on the Duck Bermuda Cruise in 2011 and also that Mary Ann sent for her to play with.

I just read yesterday's thread and was touched by all the kind words and pictures. She truly touched our lives and it didn't matter who you were she treated you with courtesy and respect always. I first started talking to Mary Ann when my daughter was little and we were cruising on a wing-and-a-prayer. She was always helpful and encouraged me to find the best cruise price I could regardless of which TA had it. I always appreciated that she understood. When I became disabled she would check in and worry about me. Flying to AZ to spend the day with her I will always remember as one of the best times of my life. Mary Ann just had a way of putting you at ease, making you feel like the most important thing in the her world at that time and was a joy to talk to about many topics. When we went on the Duck Cruise to Bermuda we were blown away by everything she did to make my birthday and that cruise so very special. We were so sorry that she was unable to be there herself.

I know you all have your own memories of her, stories, cruises, time spent. It was all special and that makes this so much more painful.

As I have said I believe that Hucc, Mariposa, Conniecat, her mom & dad, and Topaz are on the Lido Deck on a clear day with calm seas and I hope they are having a beverage while having the best cruise ever - no disembarkation! I hope to get there someday to see my friends & family again.

Now that I am crying again...I am moving on to a mudslide please.

Meg
:beach:

audrey

good morning another great spot and if you any help passing out drinks and I will be there I will take a cup of coffee . Blue is with me and is off playing with the other fur babies he is missing pucci

maw

Wordsmith

Good morning sorry Imissed yesterday. Think I will have a cup of Earl Grey Tea-would love to share some scritches with all the little furry friends. I first met Mary ann in 2009 on the Duckie Alaska cruise . Definitly a class act. RIP Mary Ann.

korinalacount

Sorry I missed yesterday,Moon and Serena will be coming as well,Ill have some cranberry juice and listen to all your tales of Mary Ann!