Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Simply an Update

Discussion in 'The Safe Harbor' started by ShipMaven, Nov 17, 2009.

1. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Forever Remembered

I had oral surgery late this morning. Just to add to my week where I gashed my left leg Sunday night. My doctor yesterday debated whether to use stitches or steri-strips, and decided on the latter.

Anyway, between my leg (Pucci was frantic) and the post-op pain now, I'm in great shape - not. Took a Vicodin, as instructed, over an hour ago. Not easing the pain, only making me sleepy. Hurts to talk, I'm to take it easy, so it's off for :yawn: now. Byeeeeeeeeee. :yawn::yawn::yawn:

2. Calgon1

Calgon1 Awaiting results of mental evaluation

Mama Duck!

Not good news! Well, not good that you're hurting; but good that, at least, these are not (major) serious things!

Get some rest. Let Pucci answer the phone. Heal quickly!

3. BarbaraK

BarbaraK Well-Known Member

Hope you are feeling better soon Mary Ann.
    Hugs to you and Pucci :)

4. JacquieP

JacquieP Well-Known Member

I suppose the chocolate covered fruit wouldn't be the best remedy for you today. Hope you get better fast, and Calgon is right (this time), let Pucci answer the telephone.

5. TexasSue

TexasSue Well-Known Member

Hope by now you are feeling better. I was unable to get on the boards yesterday so am just now catching up.

6. MisterD21

MisterD21 If you take me serious, it's your problem

I think maybe the duckchess... should perhaps take another vicodan. Most likely you got the 3.5/500mg ones or the 7.5/500mg ones. I usually take two 7.5/500mg ones when my back hurts.

7. ShipMaven

Thank you for all your kind words.

The Vicodin I have is 5/500. The second pill yesterday eased the pain a bit, but really did me in. Dr. Pucci stayed glued to me.

I haven't taken any pain med today, but I'm worn out. Between my leg and my mouth, this has not been the best of weeks. My doctor called to check on me a little while ago, and wondered what I was doing in the office. I did cancel PT for tomorrow. ;)

8. maw

maw Wordsmith

sending out hugs and good wishes for a more comfortable day. Missed you posting. Just have Pucci lay close and relax. Hope tomorrow is better.

9. Judi

Judi Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, so that's why I haven't heard from you!

Take the pills, that's why they give you them. A few days rest won't hurt you, ya know!!!!!

And, just so you know, Pucci is lousy at answering the phone. I called and he didn't even give me a kissie! ;)

10. MisterD21

MisterD21 If you take me serious, it's your problem

really?? and those didn't take away the pain??... wow.

the problem with narcotics, as well as other drugs, is that they work differently for different people. Whereas vicodan works great for my back pain, it may not work as well for someone elses back pain. They might respond better say taking percocets(another opiate based drug), whereas percocets don't do anything for my back pain.. each person's physiology differs somewhat and is the reason there are so many different types of drugs. However, being that it is an opiate i am surprised that it didn't help the pain. Usually at the lowest doses they will aleviate some of the pain simply due to how opiate drugs affect the nervous system.

The good thing is... (i assume you are having the most pain from the oral surgery)... that oral wounds heal rather quickly in a healthy mouth, and the pain will subside within 3-4 days on it's own(as long as the wound isn't inflamed by eating or chewing). so take the vicodan when the pain begins and if nothing else the drugs should minimalize the amount of pain.

Hang in there... you're tough, you'll live!!!

11. GloBug

GloBug Senior Flea Coller Tester

Oh my gosh Mama Duck, what have you been up to? I didn't know any of this was happening. I need to stop crafting and come on board more often! How did you gash your leg? OUCH! Sorry about the oral surgery. Never fun. Introduce Pucci to your mouse and let him take over for a couple of days. Sending love and hugs.

12. jk

jk Well-Known Member

Mary Ann, you poor thing, yo have really had a rough week. I hope that you are feeling better soon. Have Pucci give you some kisses, that usually helps me when I'm feeling bad. Hang in there....

13. ShipMaven

Maw - Pucci is curled up in my lap. I think he's worn out from the stress. :(

Sis - don't feel neglected. Pucci is very stingy with kissies when I travel. Melinda and her son Cody are here putting up my outdoor Christmas decorations (I won't light them at night yet) so I can't really go rest until they leave. Even though I've taken Vicoden in the past, the two pills knocked me off my feet yesterday.

MrD - unfortunately, I'm no stranger to Hydrocodone (Vicoden) or Oxycodone (Percocet). I've had both knees replaced, shoulder surgery, foot surgery. I had no choice but to take both meds doing PT after the knee replacements. I simply don't like taking any opiates. My ortho surgeon wasn't happy with me when I insisted I wouldn't take morphine in the hospital post-op either. So they had to give me something else - don't remember what it was. At any rate, I'm following orders re my mouth - it's strange to be able to brush only one side of my mouth.

Glo - Sunday night, the cedar chest in my bedroom collided with my leg. I thought I'd just have a bruise. Ha Ha. Pucci was frantic because there was blood all over the place. My doctor on Monday was debating between stitches and steri-strips, and decided on the latter. Pucci keeps trying to nurse that leg.

Janice - Pucci is smothering me with kisses, never fear!

Again, thank all of you for your concern. Hugs to you all.

14. JacquieP

JacquieP Well-Known Member

Aren't we fortunate to have our "doctors" curl up in our lap? Get better FAST! QUACK!!!

15. ShipMaven

Definitely, Jacquie.

How are YOU feeling?

16. H2O babe

H2O babe Well-Known Member

Mary Ann --- I missed your earlier posts about your unlucky mishap with the chest and your date with the oral surgeon. May the week soon be behind you and may next week find you on the mend. I will send an email to your home address (Joanne sent it to me) for the info on the Bermuda/duck cruise. Don't worry about getting it to me right away -- I couldn't book this soon anyway without clearance from the powers that be.

Cyber hugs to you,

K.

17. ShipMaven

Kay - thank you.

If you PM me your e-mail address, I'll get the promo off to you. We only have 18 months, so there's a little wiggle room to convince "the powers that be". :)

18. Whimsy

Whimsy Well-Known Member

Mary Ann, I am just getting caught up after not being able to get on the board for a while. I do hope you are feeling better, you have been thru a lot. I'm sure Pucci was frantic but is being a good therapy dog for you now. Take care of yourself and get well soon!

19. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

My goodness, I knew you were having the oral surgery, but didn't realize you'd had such a problem with pain. I hope you feel better this morning and are on the road to recovery. If not, then take it easy. (((HUGS)))

20. seagrandaddy&seagrandma

seagrandaddy&seagrandma Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through Mary Ann and send lots of good wishes for a speedy recovery. D.