Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Snorkeling & Stingray City Combo & Beach Experience

Discussion in 'Celebrity Cruises' started by Mark Ericksen, Sep 4, 2002.

1. My wife and I will be sailing on the Celebrity Century on November 23. One of the excursions offered through Celebrity for our Georgetown stop in the Caymans is the Snorkeling & Stingray City Combo & Beach Experience. Has anyone taken this excursion? How is it?

Thanks for the help.

2. Frank

Frank Guest

I have taken this excursion when sailing on another cruise line and it is one not to miss. Sign up early as it often sells out.
    Frank-in-CA

3. Mary El

Mary El Guest

Hey! We will be on the same cruise also! Last minute decision for us. We just booked it since my husband and I desperately needed some vacation time.

We booked the snorkeling on our own directly through Captain Marvin. I've read on other boards that the outfit is great. For the two of us we paid $68. You may want to check them out and maybe save some money.

Have you checked out yet what to do in Cozumel?

I think Ocho Rios stop will be a "day at sea" for us. Jamaica just doesn't do it for me for some reason.

4. nrichard

nrichard Guest

5. Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and booked the Celebrity excursion. I liked the idea of having all of the details involved in snorkeling, stingrays, and the beach club arranged for us. I did hear great things about Captain Marvin.

In Jamaica I booked a local tour guide called Peat Taylor. He has an excellent reputation. He is taking us to Dunn's River Falls, Fern Gulley, and then where ever time permits. I was worried about safety in Ochos Rios, but based on feedback from a lot of veteran curisers I am sure we will be safe with Peat.

I don't know what to do in Cozumel yet. My wife and I were looking at the Jeep or the Dune Buggy tour (Tarzan Tours) through the jungle, but my wife has a bad back and I'm afraid a tour like that may be too much for her. We would like to learn about the island, the people, and see the sights. We live about 20 minutes away from Clearwater Beach, Florida so spending a lot of time on a beach is something that we can do whenever we like.

The Celebrity website now has a link on their home page called Cruise Critic Party. If 25 people register on the Celebrity website for a party on a cruise a free private party is hosted for them. It sounded great so my wife and I registered. So far we are the only two to register for the November 23 Cruise. Only 23 more people to go.

We are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary, and this will be our first cruise.

Could I ask where you are from?