Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

So Kathy...go ahead...ask a silly question tonight! Dare Ya!

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by sgrane, Oct 9, 2001.

1. Kathy

Kathy Guest

<HTML>Good one Lill! I believe you can only chill Beer in one, then again I had heard champagne last night!

Kathy :kitten

:UK

:usa</HTML>

2. Kathy

Kathy Guest

<HTML>I'll never look at honey the same again!!!!

3. Gitte

Gitte Guest

<HTML>I don't understand..........
    Gitte
    :)

4. Chippsetter

Chippsetter Guest

<HTML>What don't you understand Gitte?</HTML>

5. <HTML>wow...watta thread!</HTML>

6. sgrane

sgrane Guest

<HTML>This post is going down hill fast! :D

:lol

[​IMG]</HTML>

7. Gitte

Gitte Guest

<HTML>Honey bucket and never looked at honey the same.....
    Sorry, (English is not my mother tongue,,,,)
    Gitte</HTML>

8. Kathy

Kathy Guest

<HTML>eerrrr, you have a way with word's sgrane, you explain it!!!!!

9. Gitte

Gitte Guest

<HTML>Is it a stupid question?</HTML>

10. sgrane

sgrane Guest

<HTML>Is this a set up for another thread?!

I'm not touching that one! I'll put the ball in your court!

:D

[​IMG]</HTML>

11. Lill

Lill Guest

<HTML>Chippsetter - it's your turn - answer the question. :toilet</HTML>

12. Kathy

Kathy Guest

<HTML>Everybody's sitting back and saying let's see how they handle this one! Deep, cleansing breath and exhale and here we go!!

Gitte, here in America, when something smell's good or bad, some people use the expression that it could draw fly's or bee's to honey, so, back in the old day's some people had outhouse's they could use apart from their regular home, other people did not, so at night people would take a can or bucket to bed with them so at night if they had to relieve themselve's in what ever fashion they had to, they had the bucket to go in, the next day it was dumped outdoor's, later of course, fly's or insect's would be drawn to the waste. Hey, how come I had to explain this one?!!!!

13. sgrane

sgrane Guest

<HTML>You did good!...Would you really want me explaining it!?

:D

[​IMG]</HTML>

14. <HTML>Also later on before the Environmental laws got real strict when your septic tank got full and the truck came and pumped it out they would take the contents and dump it in an isolated area called honey pots. They are no longer legal in most states.</HTML>

15. Chippsetter

Chippsetter Guest

<HTML>Kathy, because I was busy working. Judy, A LOT of villages here can't even have septic tanks. They are really built on swamp so they can't even dig a hole for an outhouse. A honeybucket is standard plumbing.</HTML>

16. Gitte

Gitte Guest

<HTML>Now I understand it.
    Thanks
    Gitte
    ;)</HTML>

17. Lill

Lill Guest

<HTML>Chipsetter - you don't mean now (in the present) do you???</HTML>

18. <HTML>Wow Chipsetter you learn something new each day I didn't realize that. Because so much of our land is swampy now septic tanks are also very strictly monitored and more septic treatment plants are being built for housing developments. Kind of like mini sewerage treatment plants.</HTML>

19. Kathy

Kathy Guest

<HTML>Thank you one and all and now poor Gitte has had her lesson on hygene done both the Eurpoean way and the American way! Gitte, you set me up for this for not knowing what a "Dey" was didn't you??!!! LOL

20. Chippsetter

Chippsetter Guest

<HTML>Yes, I DO mean in the present. We still have about 25% of our villages without plumbing. As far as a truck goes, you have to have roads to run them on. Our highways up here are airborn. Even then it is a fight to get the enviromental people to let us build the airports. They even fight us when we go to build the water and sewer systems. A lot people think that all of Alaska is up to the same standards that they enjoy so we really should not be trying to develop more.</HTML>