Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Soft Drink Package?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by dereckbc, Feb 7, 2011.

1. dereckbc

dereckbc Member

Bought my wife and kid a Soft Drink Package.

How does it work?

I am guessing they get a special cup to just fill at any fountain on the ship? Or will they get stuck having a bartender or waitress having to get it for them plus a tip?

2. bob

bob Chief Engineer Staff Member

3. dereckbc

dereckbc Member

Thanks Bob I have read that but leaves me with the same question. For example Bars and Lounges where a bar tender or waiter has to physically refill it behind a counter. Will they ding you for a tip?

4. Jeanie

Jeanie Well-Known Member

The answer in no:doubleup:

5. randy

randy Well-Known Member

Actually, you already paid the tip--the soda package has 15% tacked on it. They do give you a special insulated cup, but you don't have to use that--you can just show your card and they'll give it to you in a regular glass if you want. Saves having to haul the larger cup around, but that insulated cup is nice around the pool--stays cold longer. It's a good deal if you drink 3 or more sodas a day.

6. LDH1027

LDH1027 New Member

Just watch some of the bars when getting filled - some use fountain pop - super watery, although on our last cruise on Explorer most were switching to cans

7. Mmketeer

Mmketeer Well-Known Member

Anyone know if they are still using the stickers on your room card for the soda package?

Allure'ing to my next cruise May 2012

8. randy

randy Well-Known Member

Yes, the sticker is still up in the corner.

9. Mmketeer

Mmketeer Well-Known Member

Thank you Randy, that's good to know. :)