• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Stanley Cup Playoffs 2012 ... Who's in & who's out

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
AMENDED STANDING OF THE POOL AS WE ENTER ROUND TWO. FRIDAY APRIL 27

Kings Vs St Louis Whimsey has the Blues

Predators Vs Coyotes Corky has Nashville

Washington vs New York Calgon/Nieciez/Randy have the Caps.

Devils vs Flyers Jammon has the Devils.

Here is how the standings went in our Hockey Pool
AMENDED TO THE COLOUR OF TOAST AS THE PLAYOFFS CONTINUE
PopCorn Canucks 111 DONE
Tango55 Canucks
Funnel Canucks

Whimsey St louis Blues 109

Gram Penguins 108 DONE
Bread Penguins

Corky Nashville 104

reggae Red Wings 102 DONE

Linda&Jim Bruins 102 DONE

Jamman Devils 102

Tobyn San Jose 96

Calgon Caps 92
Randy Caps
Nieciez Caps

George C Dallas 89 out
Gramma Ann Stars

Suer Buffalo 89 out
Einstein Buffalo
J.E.M. Carolina

Cruise Cutie Colorado 88 out

earl_m Habs 78 really out

bOB Jamaican Hockey Pucks 1 ½ DOA

So we can see who the true knowledgeable fans are here at Cruise@ddicts. I'm sure earl and bOB do not fit in that category.

Here is how those remaining shape up in their matches in the first round.

Los Angeles Kings vs Vancouver Canucks
no one vs. PoPcorn/Tango55/Funnel

San Jose Sharks vs St Louis Blues
Tobyn vs Whimsey

Detroit RedWings vs Nashville Predators
Raggae vs Corky

New Jersey Devils vs Florida Panthers
Jammon vs no one

Philadelphia Flyers vs Pittsburgh Penguins
no one vs Bread/Gram

Washington Capital vs Boston Bruins
Calgon/Nieciez/Randy vs Linda & Jim

So to get the trash talkin' off to a start:
I would like to once again congratulate bOB for finishing last with those hard skating Jamaicans..uncanny how he manages to be the reverse pool winner year after year. They did however get points this year.

The Canucks again finished first over all this year and would be the favorites in the playoffs save for they play on the West Coast and we are all flakes out here as of course everybody knows. Well Funnel likely didn't know that.:biggrin: No one picked the LA Kings this yr.

St Louis would be a favorite of mine because of their coach..but he hasn't been able to skate much lately....but he did loose some more weight. I have picked the Sharks in seasons past but only our AK. hockey fan has them this yr. Nashville also a former pick of mine has that artist Corky pulling for them.

Flyers vs Pittsburgh should be a great series if their last game was any indication. Will be interesting to see how the refs work that series out. Noone Picked the Flyers. Bred and Gram got their hopes on the Penguins

Washington got their act together at season's end but I doubt if they will get by the Bruins. Three of our Addicts picked the Caps. wow they think they know something the rest of us don't.. Last yr's champs Linda & Jim are in tight here against Calgon/Nieciez & Randy.

Jammon will have no competition in his series but I wouldn't want to bet that he goes forward against Florida.

So there you have it. Most @ddicts made it to the post season......
but:
Earl_m/Cruise Cutie/ J.E.M./Einstein/Suer/Gramma Ann and GeorgeC ...didn't.... thanks for playin'.

For those of you that didn't make the pool this yr. Remember to get in next yr. You may trash talk here on the thread BUT...you can not enter now.

We once again have been promised a great prize ....

Let the Second Season begin.

Tobyn

I was beginning to wonder if my pick this year was going to make the playoffs. Now is the HUGE task of getting past the Blues. . . . . .Well, let's see how they do. They are usually pretty scrappy in the playoffs . . . . Watchout Whimsy, here they come!

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Wow a few surprises last night.... wins by LA, Philly, and Nashville. .... although Detroit hasn't been very good on the road all season for whatever reason, still a surprise.

Funnel

Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor
Come on Canucks! Only three to go! :doubleup:
I will personally come over and whip your a**e* if you loose this... :nix: :biggrin:

/Erik

reggae

Boo hoo hoo :bawl: Red Wings are done, cooked, finished, stick a fork in 'em.....

Now it's time to move on, and Corky, keep on winning...you have a fine, young team there with a heck of a goalie!

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Last night st Louis moved on...

Today three teams on the bubble. Hockey from 9am to 7 pm pacific..what a day for a hockey nut. Lol

We are in Seattle. :) Will miss most of the games..

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Philly's on to the next round and them Penguins are toast.
as is Vancouver.

Oh and Nashville is on to the next round also...

randy

Anyone besides me notice the Caps decided to stop playing a tied game 6 at 3:00 left in the 3rd? Went into OT just flat footed after beating Bruins in faceoffs, shots, blocked shots...expected result. Really not up for a game 7 nail biter, just to have to face the Panthers or the Senators in round 2.
Let's go Caps (please?)!

Corky

Thanks Reggae!! If I win though, I'll have to rewrite the rules and give the prize to the 2nd place winner. :doubleup:

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
If you win with that team from that great hockey town of "NASHVILLE" all of us so called experts will eat the damn trophy for you.. lol.

Two games tonight: Black Hawks and Phoenix and Ottawa -New York ... This season is looking like a very quick win for an @ddict that just went with his heart instead of a team supposedly good enough to win. WOW There are only 7 Cruise @ddicts left in the pool

Randy I know... that team is so hot and cold it's a mystery. Maybe they just miss Bruce in the dressing room and his colourful language. He did some colour for CBC in a few games last week and did a good job but no where near like the HBO 24/7 lol