Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Staterooms on Radiance?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Mrs. Millie, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Mrs. Millie

Mrs. Millie Guest

We are about to book a stateroom on the Radiance for next August but are a bit concerned about messages regarding cabin noise. Anyone have a suggestion for location of a balcony cabin that would be nice and quiet? We will be first-time cruisers, so any help here is gratefully appreciated!

2. Rick

Rick Guest

While on the topic of the Radiance (or Brilliance). Does anyone know what occupies the space on the left side of the ship on Deck 2? I've booked a category Q cabin and have noticed that cabins are only on the right side of the ship on this level and the whole other side shows up as an empty space?

3. Bunny

Bunny Guest

We were on Deck 10 under the hair salon and did not hear a thing. Our balconey was on the starborad side near the front, cabin 1516. It was also smooth up there, but the ship itself is very stable.

4. Linda

Linda Guest

We were in Cabin 9600 and it was fabulous - very quiet"
    Happy Cruising!

5. Had #8068 in May 2001. No noise at all! The new ships are pretty well done. The messages that talk about noisy cabins just want to complain about something. You will love the ship!

6. DAVE

DAVE Guest

WENT LAST DEC AND LOVED IT HAD 8610 PICKED ONE AWAY FORM THE ELEVELATORS LIKE THE MIDDLE BACK THE PLANS SHOWED A STAIRWAY BUT ITS JUST FOR EMPLOYES AND IT WAS VARY QUIET. THE PROBLEM IS WHEN A SHOW LETS OUT IN THE FRONT OR DINNER LETS OUT IN THE MIDDLE PEOPLE USE WHICHEVER ELEVATOR IS AVAILABLE AND WALK IN EITHER DIRECTION SO THERE CAN BE NOISE IN BETWEEN THE TWO ELEVATORS ON ANY FLOOR SO STAY IN FRONT OF THE FRONT OR BEHIND THE BACK ELEVATORS...HOPE THIS HELPS..........RADICAL

7. Mrs. Millie

Mrs. Millie Guest

Thanks so much for all advice! I think I'll be a little more confident in choosing a cabin now. Just hope by the time we head to Alaska next summer all the current problems with various vicious viruses will be history -- just read about an outbreak of unidentifiable germs on the Radiance!

8. Rick,

I believe it is crew quarters on deck 2 starboard side.

9. dave

dave Guest

been on deck 8 midships, starboard side twice--very nice, quiet, and starboard gives you all the sights.