Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Suite Life

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by purplenorway, Feb 18, 2006.

1. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Yes, the foods and coffees are free in the Neptune Lounge. And if you learn how to operate the coffee machine, you can make your own as often as you like during opening hours! :)

2. And their cookies and chocolates are great!!!

3. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

...and their finger foods, and...and...and....

You've made me hungry! :lol

4. After I wrote about the cookies, I made some chocolate chip cookies - and not from a box or a pouch - the real deal.

Just got through having a couple. :grin

5. purplenorway

purplenorway Guest

Yum. I absolutely love chocolate! I'm sure I will be there often.

6. One of my favorites is the chocolate covered peanuts and/or mixed nuts. They don't always have them. In fact we didn't even have them any day on our last cruises.

7. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

I can't ever remember seeing chocolate covered peanuts or mixed nuts in the Neptune Lounge. But then, I haven't gone looking for them either.... :angel

8. sage

sage Guest

I love the chocolate balls dusted in cocoa powder. I'm so looking foward to the visit to the Neptune now, as you all have made me very hungry.

9. Most recently - we had the chocolate covered peanuts and mixed nuts on the Westerdam (January 2005) and Volendam (Feb/Mar 2005). I don't remember if we had them on the Zuiderdam in May 2005.

We also love those chocolate balls dusted in cocoa powder.

10. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

I don't know what it is that I like so much about it but they serve a 'black and white' poundcake in Neptune that I enjoy........if I decide to let myself have a sweet treat. It's just the right moistness and density for my taste. It's the only place I eat cake of any sort these days. Well...maybe a taste of birthday cake now and then. :)

11. The chocolate and pound cake is good - but we only saw it a couple of times in 20 days on the Ryndam. And since DH has to eat something around 3 - 3:30 every day to take one of his medications, we always know what they have to offer in the afternoons.

12. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

That's one of the things that is so wonderful about the Neptune. No matter what time during the day, there is always something tempting there to nibble on.

13. purplenorway

purplenorway Guest

I also love that pound cake! I've had it at tea many times. The Explorer's Lounge usually has chocolates, but I didn't see very many on the Zuiderdam. Hopefully the Veendam will have them there and in the Neptune.

14. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Let's not forget the luscious strawberries dipped in dark chocolate.

I hope this thread is calorie-free, even if the goodies aren't! :grin

15. purplenorway

purplenorway Guest

Oh, that sounds amazing!

Well the cruise documents finally came today. Just in time.

16. sage

sage Guest

Congratulations on receiving your documents. Now let the dancing begin.

:dance

17. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

I'm happy you finally received your documents! =docdance

Now, BON VOYAGE!

18. purplenorway

Glad to hear that your have finally gotten your documents. Now you can officially do the Document dance.

=docdance =bigwave =docdance =bigwave

19. And if you don't see any chocolates on display in the Explorer's Lounge - ask for them. We have had to do that several times.

And - oh yes - love those dark chocolate coated strawberries. On our last Ryndam cruises, all suite passengers got a plate of them on the first formal night. It's been a while since that has happened.

20. purplenorway

purplenorway Guest

Double the Document Dance! The agency now recieved the originals also. Good, we can have a lot of bag tags.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences on here. I will be sure to share mine when I get back! Expect a monster photo album.