Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Sunday Open House

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by ShipMaven, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Charles

Charles Captain Weather

It's sail away time in FLL! Time for more rum punches.

I'm making another large pitcher full. A little stronger this time. Would anyone like to have some?

c

2. JacquieP

JacquieP Well-Known Member

Charles, Leon would love to have a large rum punch this afternoon. Maw, Bandit is happy to sit quietly in your lap, as he is a great nurse. Charles, watch out, here comes Cocoa! The furboys brought chicken jerky for all the other fuzzies. Bird Baby is nibbling on Mary Ann's earring until he can see what snacks she has for him today. I believe I'll have another Chocolate Banana this afternoon as the one yesterday was wonderful! Mary Ann, does HAL make them? Such a gorgeous place!

3. Linda&Jim

Linda&Jim Well-Known Member

Well, the rum punch was great yesterday Charles, so I'll join you in having another today and so will Jim. He tried mine yesterday & thought it was delicious. Great to see Maw posting. Thanks for the great place for visiting on this Sunday afternoon.

4. Funnel

Funnel Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor

Two more Rum Punches please! They are great!
    Oh, and two more Silja Special please!
    It's going to be a hard week... :whistle:

After these drinks it's time to go to sleep as it will be an early morning tomorrow (especially since we moved the clock forward one hour this morning so "they" stole one hour of sleep :madd:).

Thanks for this weekends' Open House! :cheer:

/Erik

5. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Forever Remembered

Audrey - Rum Punch (with a straw on the side) coming right up!

Charles - thank you for another batch of Rum Punches. You have found your niche!

Jacquie - your "kids" are quite precocious today, but we know Bandit will be very gentle in MAW's lap. Pucci ran with Cocoa to Charles - I think Cocoa was trying to mooch some Rum Punch but wasn't successful. :whistle: Pucci gave both boys their bowls of water and thanks them for the jerky that he's sharing with the others. Yes, Bird Baby (name noted) is on my shoulder, pecking at my round stud earrings! Hmmm. I've offered him a fat corn chip, and we'll let him tell us if he still prefers a corn chip to yesterday's potato chip. He's getting his usual pat-pats on his head and scritches behind his ears. I've brought Leon one of Charles' Rum Punches - large one - and you know you never need ASK me about a Chocolate Banana. Yes, yes, yes! I used to have the Princess recipe for Chocolate Banana and brought it with me to HAL, but it wasn't quite the same. That recipe, unfortunately, was lost with one of my more recent computer crashes. :(

Linda and Jim - here are your Rum Punches. Charles has mixed a large batch of them, so the supply isn't running out. Please enjoy!

6. ShipMaven

Erik - your wish is my command. TWO Rum Punches and TWO Silja Specials are waiting for you. The question is - do you drink a Rum Punch followed by a Silja Special for each leg (or vice-versa) or do you drink a Rum Punch for each leg followed by a Silja Special for each leg? Inquiring minds wish to know.

You will get your work week off to a powerful start! :cheer:

It's always our pleasure to welcome you to our weekend Open Houses.

7. Calgon1

Calgon1 Awaiting results of mental evaluation

"Free at last. Free at last. Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last!"

Signed out of the hospital at 0630, exactly. Handed in my IDs, handcuffs, soft restraints, pepper-gel, radio, charger, keys and attitude. Walked out of there with a big smile on my face and didn't look back. Will certainly miss a lot of my ex-coworkers, but not the management (or lack thereof).

I'll have a mudslide, please. Cody and SunFlower will be with us shortly. They're upstairs, packing for tomorrow's trip to NoVa.

8. Funnel

Funnel Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor

Shoot... just fell asleep in my recliner... again! :bang:

Thank you for all drinks, Mary Ann and Charles!
    I feel a little dizzy but quite stable... :whistle:

That depends on... it has to thoroughly calculated so I will not risk falling of the chair if I got both a Rum Punch and a Silja Special in one leg first. I think the loungers are rather stable so in this case it should be OK, but it may feel a bit unsteady so I decided to take both Rum Punches first and then both Silja Specials.

:yawn: OK, I'll make another try to go to sleep... this time in the bed! :biggrin:

/Erik

9. ShipMaven

“The old order changeth, yielding place to new..." from Alfred Lord Tennyson's Idylls of the King. And so it goes with you, Calgon and Pat. Best wishes for the new life ahead of you!

While you're waiting for SunFlower and Sir Cody, here's a tall Mudslide for you. :cheer:

10. ShipMaven

Erik - perhaps the recliner should become your "permanent" Sunday night bed. That way, you can have your...ahem...refreshments and not fall out of bed until the next morning when you arise to start the new work week. :whistle: At this end, we'll be sure to balance out the refreshments so that there will be no problems for you!

11. Mbandy

Mbandy Well-Known Member

Well, time to knock off from work so Susan, Ginny and I are stopping by for a visit with our @ddicts pals. Extra nice to see Maw.

A beautiful spot as always Mary Ann. We'll have our usual :beach:

12. ShipMaven

Michael - glad you're able to stop by. Pucci greeted Ginny, made the rounds of MAW and Charles, and she's now settled in with her bowl of water and treats. I have a glass of chilled Chardonnay for Susan and a tall Rum Punch for you. Sit back, relax and enjoy!

13. Charles

Charles Captain Weather

Well, it's almost time to turn in. Thanks Pucci and Mary Ann. I'll go and find Horhei and drop him home before I turn in for the night.

c

14. ShipMaven

Charles - thanks for all your help! And Pucci sends tail wags/woofs/meows to Horhei.

15. ShipMaven

Pucci and I thank all our friends for visiting with us today. We had remarkable turn-outs yesterday and today. We spent the day in Mexico.

As always, the bar remains open for any latecomers. For our beer drinkers, Pacifico and Corona are popular choices.

We wish you a safe and pleasant week, and look forward to your joining us next weekend.

16. PucciK9

PucciK9 Well-Known Member

Woof, woof,

This is Pucci thanking all my puppy, kitty and feathered friends for visiting with us today. It was fun.

Please join Mommy and me next weekend.

Tail wags to all...

17. J.E. M.

J.E. M. Well-Known Member

What a great location, as usuall thanks for the late night beers.

18. Tobyn

Tobyn Well-Known Member

We just got back from the 'end of season' banquet for the Fairbanks Ice Dogs. It was a lot of fun. Now on to the playoffs! We will celebrate with a round of mudslides.

19. ShipMaven

Beers and Mudslides coming right up. Congrats to the Fairbanks Ice Dogs (Pucci likes that name).

20. Horhei

Horhei Member

Of course! Everyone came to see ME! :) LOL