Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Swimming

Discussion in 'Norwegian Cruise Lines' started by omahairishfan, Nov 24, 2005.

1. I did a search first but couldn't find anything. We like to swim in the ocean. I see many things to do in each port but can you just go swim and layout without buying some package that includes swimming.

Thanks Debby

2. Don Clark

Don Clark Guest

Yes, just take a local taxi to the nearest beach, or walk.
    You don't have to use a tour, either ship sponsored or bought privately.
    Just remember to take a watch to keep time, and have some ability to call for a taxi for the return trip, to get back to the ship before it departs.
    Usually, the piers where the ship docks are some distance away from the nearest beach.

3. Cruizer

Cruizer Guest

omahairishfan Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > I did a search first but couldn't find anything.
    > We like to swim in the ocean. I see many things to
    > do in each port but can you just go swim and
    > layout without buying some package that includes
    > swimming.
    >
    > Thanks Debby

Which ports are you going to visit? Perhaps we could offer you some help in this area.

4. Cozumel, Mexico
    Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
    Belize City, Belize

Debby

5. Cruizer

Cruizer Guest

I can only help with Cozumel. Get off the ship and take a taxi to Paradise Beach. I believe the taxi is $12 per cab ($12 - $15 per cab - not per person). Paradise Beach might have a small cover charge (perhaps $5). Mr. Sanchos Beach is free. However, I don't know what condition it is in now. Someone who just returned from Cozumel posted that his family went to Paradise Beach and had a good time.

Here is a link to the taxi fares as of August 2004 from the dock to various places ...

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photogallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=90213