Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

taxi from Wittier to Anchorage

Discussion in 'Alaska & Pacific Northwest Ports' started by Jacklyn, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Jacklyn

Jacklyn Guest

What is the cost for taxi from the port in Whittier to the airport in Anchorage?

2. Cruizer

Cruizer Guest

I would say you are looking at at least a 60 mile trip. I am not sure of the rate for a taxi in Alaska, but I would say you are looking at at least $100. Might be less expensive to rent a car one way - or at least a dog sled.

3. Miss Honey

Miss Honey Guest

What is the norm for traveling from Whittier to Anchorage bus? Do you purchase this through the cruiseline? Miss Honey

4. Jacklyn

Jacklyn Guest

Last night I read that there are buses that transport people from Whittier to Anchorage. we are only wondering, because we plan to stay a few extra days in Anchorage prior to or after the cruise. Planning to go next August or late July.

5. Chippsetter

Chippsetter Guest

There are no taxis from Whittier to Anchorage. The cruiselines have buses and maybe a train. They do not have car rental there unless the major companies deliver them there for reserved rentals. Of course, you CAN book a limo to meet you in Whittier.

6. Jacklyn

Jacklyn Guest

We could take the bus from Whittier to Anchorage and then rent a car. My nephew works for Enterprise and has already looked into setting this up for us.

7. Miss Honey

Miss Honey Guest

Thanks for all of the replies. I had no idea it was this far to travel. Thanks Miss Honey