Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Ten largest cruise ships ...

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Cruizer, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Cruizer

Cruizer Well-Known Member

This is a 3 1/2 minute video ...

[video=youtube;foZHOKIKcQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foZHOKIKcQI[/video]

2. gottagoacruzn

gottagoacruzn Well-Known Member

Those ships are way tooooooooooooooooo big for me!!!!

3. BruinSteve

BruinSteve Well-Known Member

"Big" is actually a relative term...
    I would much rather be on a really big ship that's scaled correctly for the number of passengers than a small ship that's way overcrowded...

I have cruised twice now on the Allure of the Seas--by far the largest cruise ship out there...It carries around 6,000 passengers (including 3rd and 4th berths), but, at 225,000 gross tons, it is very spacious...I have very rarely felt crowded...

I have been on Carnival ships--like Carnival Liberty--less than half that size--110,000 gross tons...but over 3,700 passengers (full capacity with 3rd and 4th berths filled) onboard...and felt entirely overcrowded...

It is quite simple--it's not the size of the ship, but the amount of space there is per passenger...

The Royal Caribbean ships are also much better designed for that size--the walkways flow better, the ship is broken up into "neighborhoods"...The Allure is actually only 235 feet longer stern to bow, but, because of the layout, one rarely walks the entire length...

And the benefits of those ships--the variety of entertainment choices and activity choices are really a plus...

Yes, there are some hassles--like the need to pre-schedule your entertainment, for example...

But, trust me, BIG isn't a problem...