Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

This Board is Dying a Slow Death...............

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by RichardK, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Rubysky

Rubysky Guest

Disneyland hasn't had those tickets for over 30 years.
    This is the only place to get an E-ride.

2. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

We seem to go through this every few months...

Have you noticed that if you go to the Forum List, the first forum that appears is Q&A? Not Community Board, but Q&A. This change was made recently -- John, correct me if I am mistaken -- after the last "debate" about board format. Since then, the Q&A forum is getting more traffic than it used to, and I am seeing a lot of new names there.

Even so, the Community is a vital part of cruise-addicts, and I have pages of printouts of prayers for my son for his surgery last December that I still treasure.

(As an aside, add me to the list of those who does not like the float to top feature on the Community Board. I have been traveling, and away from the computer, for two days, and the random order of threads in the Community are making it overwhelming to catch up.)

3. bishrose

bishrose Guest

Okay, I confess I am mostly a lurker. I have posted in the past few months to the "Princess" board of Cruise-@ddicts. That said, I have been a lurker (sometimes poster) for about four years (I changed my board name a few months ago, I used to be JHelmbolt). I usually become more active when I have a cruise planned and have found this site to be VERY positive and informative. I love being able to track my cruise and not feel "funny" about asking a question I am sure has been asked of this board many, many times. I am aways given great information and lots of suppot.

I would also like to say that I feel a true sense of family on this site. In this a crazy world we live in and having people come together to laugh, cry, and pray together is a blessing for sure.

I look forward to checking in now and then and I will try not to be such a lurker.

Thanks for all the great help and advice to a fairly novice cruiser and keep up the great work with all you do to support each other in your family and cruise lives.

Now, I am going to go over and post a question on the "Princess" board and I am sure I will, once again, get great advice.

Thanks everyone,
    Bishrose

4. bOB

bOB Guest

Well that's just great, now I have three books of useless tickets.............

5. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Guest

When this board had one thread, there were many posters who didn't like the "chat" format. Some readers would get irritated and I think that's when "OT" started being used so those interested could skip over the non-cruise topic chatter. Then a few upgrades over the years expanded and the community thread was seperated from cruise topics. The community thread is more active than the rest of the site. The character of the community thread has changed over the years and people come and go. However, this board still goes on.

I think the title for this thread was effective in that it sparked interest and some of our lurkers came out (and some I haven't seen in a while :wave).

E - I agree on the posts rolling up. It would be great if it goes back to the old way.

Maxine - It's not a clique - it's the cruise cult. Just ask Keith. :lol

6. nieciez

nieciez Guest

[quote iluvcruzin]It's not a clique - it's the cruise cult.[/quote]

That's what my family calls it too :lol :lol

7. bostongal

bostongal Guest

As someone who is housebound due to a chronic illness this board is my lifeline to the world. I come here because I know that I have friends who care if it's a bad day, a good day, a whatever day and I can find about my friends who need prayers, hugs, laughs or cruise information. It's also where I get my cruise addiction fix for the many many months that I do not have a cruise planned or booked.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I am so glad that this board is here.

Meg

8. Cyndi

Cyndi Guest

Richard,
    I am one of those who has been very busy doing other things, and have not been on the computer much this summer. But I popped it here for a moment this morning and, I saw this thread,,,, well those that have met me might guess that I would have an opinion, but I will try to keep it short.
    It seems to me that I remember reading “JOHN’S’ story about how the board came into being, and it was never started as just an “Info†board, it was started because they went on a cruise and loved “cruising†and the people who cruise! And when they were not on a cruise they wanted to talk about it, and since they are NOT one dimensional people they talk about other things too, like all family’s do. The only thing they decided not to talk about was politics and religion. And they made rules about manners. And those are also the rules in lots of family gatherings.
    I have been here since 02 when we took our first cruise, and you know,,,, because of all I learned here from the other @ddicts, we made great choices and we felt so comfortable, if but excited when we boarded that ship.
    We are now about to take our 5th cruise, the third with the @ddicts Group (Emerald) cruise, and we have another booked for Europe, in July 08, after that.
    We had real concerns about cruising, before our first cruise. Most of those concerns were about being stuck on a ship with a lot of people we couldn’t identify with. If I had found the “other†boards first,,,,,,,,, I am not sure we would have booked that first cruise. But lucky for us, we found this one first and after reading the posts and asking questions, and having people be so sweet and patient with me, we said, “these are nice people, if that is the kind of people that cruise we want to do thatâ€Â! So we did, and we are now @ddicts!
    Richard, how can “you†be the judge of what is right for “the people†obviously the board is meeting the needs of the people who participate. Is it perfect, no, but then nothing is, but in MHO it is the BEST!

Love Cyndi

9. JANPEP

JANPEP Guest

Meg.
    My feelings exactly!!!
    I feel the same way.

10. red stripe

red stripe Guest

Hello Laurel, nice to see you here again, do not be a stranger.

Hi Jeffstern.. I hope that all is well in your life. Glad to know that you found a place to suit you.
    Everyone should do that in life.

bOB.. I was thinking "Alice through the looking glass"..... but perhaps it is a gender thing :lol

and how on earth can we have an "off topic" on the community board??
    now if it were the Q and A board...........
    float.............

11. Tobyn

Tobyn Guest

My feelings have been noted before, no need to rehash what has been said so eloquently by others. Just will add that I too am among those of the opinion that Richard is mistaken on his observations, but was told so without being flamed as would happen on so many other boards. I think that in and of itself is quite a statement about our little sandbox.

Thank you John!

12. Jorge

Jorge Guest

Richard,

It's very hard to put up with people like you, if you don't like this board, that's fine, go somewhere else, it's a big web, I'm sure you can find a place that you can call home, but this is not it.

Adios Amigo!!

13. RichardK

RichardK Guest

Wow! Perfect time for me to hop back on............

Tobyn.......??

Jorge.......??

Should I consider your two preceding posts an oxymoron???

Your hands (that's all of you) may not be as clean as you all profess them to be…………

A number of positive things came out of this discussion. I think that every one who read or contributed with a post agree (including me!!). Some being:

ALL of You, as a "community" continue to support each other. That's a GOOD thing.

MANY of you see the need for improvement; and

SOME of you (however too few) actually want to get your hands dirty and try to make that happen.

I may be back……………………..who knows, and actually have a question or two to ask!! :)

Thank you.

"People say I give them hell. I don't. I tell the truth, they think it's hell." -HARRY TRUMAN

14. I love it here. Everyone supports each other and there is very little hostility. I also am a member at CC, and I can hold my own with the best of CC memebers. There is a place for both boards.

from was the banks of the beautiful Saint JOhn River-Fredericton NB

15. suer182

suer182 Guest

Some of us like Princes, some of us don't.

Some of us like late dining, some of us don't.

Some of us ask questions, some of us don't.

Some of us like the drink of the day, some of us don't.

Some of us answer questions, some of us don't.

Some of us like the evening shows, some of us don't.

Some of us enjoy it here, some of us don't.

Some of us like sea days, some of us don't.

Some of us have sailed together, some of us don't.

Some of us like the board name, some of us don't.

Some of us call each other by first names, some of us don't.

Some of us p*ss and moan about change, some of us don't.

Some of us might think other boards are competitors, some of us dont, (they are neighbors).

Some of us like to laugh, some of us don't..........

Some of us think we have the key to this place but only one does. And IMO as long he doesnt lock the door himself, this place is far from dying.

16. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

=yeah well HOORAH, Amen and how's about that???.. took 75 posts to finally have someone hit where I was with my thoughts, and I can even borrow, and agree.. Right on Suer!!..:thumb.. :grin.. Long live Cruise @ddicts!!..:)..Joanne

17. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

RichardK,

For some reason, I decided to run a Search. Did you cut and paste from a previous note earlier this year?

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/forums/read.php?1,1173341,1173475#msg-1173475

Re: Resistance to Change is NOT Always Good!!!
    Posted by: RichardK (Explore, Dream, Discover)
    Spa Attendant
    Date: February 04, 07:49AM

I've been registered here for quite a few years. Lurk sometimes, but post very infrequently. This thread, however, had caught my eye.

In my humble opinion, and not to offend anybody in particular, the Cruise Addicts Message Boards are virtually useless when it comes to cruising related topics/information.

Certainly this Community Message Board is just a venue for chit-chat. I say this gently, but some here do indeed need to get a life……….

We're going to Alaska this spring on NCL. Check out either of those forums and there is almost no information to get, because no one posts there.

Your "competitor" (we all know who that is) has more argumentative people; however, you can sure get a heck of a lot more information.

Good for you Einstein and thank you. Maybe things will change and this will become a more information venue, worth visiting and participating in.

Granted the Board crashed and many notes were lost, but since you complain so bitterly about the lack of cruise content, the search of your name brings up a total of 51 posts, almost all of which relate to topics other than those specific to cruising. The pot calling the kettle black?

18. bigjimswoman

bigjimswoman Guest

Like I said earlier, he was the one who hurt Litta's feelings. If he does not like it here, don't come, simple as that.

19. Wuollebear

Wuollebear Guest

[quote RichardK]Wow! Perfect time for me to hop back on............

Tobyn.......??

Jorge.......??

Should I consider your two preceding posts an oxymoron???

Your hands (that's all of you) may not be as clean as you all profess them to be…………

A number of positive things came out of this discussion. I think that every one who read or contributed with a post agree (including me!!). Some being:

ALL of You, as a "community" continue to support each other. That's a GOOD thing.

MANY of you see the need for improvement; and

SOME of you (however too few) actually want to get your hands dirty and try to make that happen.

I may be back……………………..who knows, and actually have a question or two to ask!! :)

Thank you.

"People say I give them hell. I don't. I tell the truth, they think it's hell." -HARRY TRUMAN[/quote]

OK...Now I believe he is just trying to cause trouble. I also mentioned remembering the post back in Feb. You know it's one thing to have an opinion. Express it and expect people are going to react to it and move on. Don't keep coming back and rubbing salt in the wound, it's like Richard is trying to push people's emotions, trying to see how long he can stir it up. I believe there is good in most people and hope we may see a change in your opinion and that you may join in and post and even share some of your daily life with us all. If you need prayer and good wishes everyone is here for you but if not and you are truly not happy with this board then move on and leave well enough alone.

20. nieciez

nieciez Guest

Well said Suer and this is why the "Float to the Top" feature doesn't work for this forum. Enough has been said and it is time to leave it alone ;) Heading to page 3 on the forum.....