Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Time for a little fun Wanna play a game?

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by BostonsJ, Mar 12, 2003.

1. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

Ever play the game "operator" or also called "telephone"? Where a message is whispered and you repeat the message in the ear of the next person and by the time it gets to the last person, the message is totally garbled?

OK Let's have a little fun here. Wanna play? The first 8 to ten people to answer this thread and take the @ddicts oath will be added to a list. Not counting me so add your name and have some fun.

I will print a list of names of those that want to play when the number reaches 10, in the order in which you replied. Once the list is posted open an email for the person BELOW you on the list, and copy me. NOW reduce the email so it is ready when you need it.

I will email the operator message to the first person on the list, they email to ONLY the second and me, the second to the third and me, third to the fourth and so on. Remember you only email it to the next person under you on the list and me. I won't post their email addy on the board but you know how to find it, I'll give you a few minutes to get your email opened and ready for the game once the list is printed before I send the message to #1.

NOW you might figure this is easy paste and cut right. NOT

No No here are the rules:

You will open the email read it only ONE time, delete it. Now open the email you started and reduced of the person below you on the list. Now type the message you got and send it.

No cheating. Let's have some fun with this.

OK here is the oath

I am a true @ddict and I raise my hand to the @ddicts flag that I will play fair and not cheat at "Operator".

When I get the message back I will post the original message and the one I received back. Remember delete the message as soon as you have read it once, and then from memory forward it. NO CHEATING I WILL KNOW FROM WHAT I AM GETTING BACK ON THIS END.

This could be very funny but will be best with more than 8 people.

COME ON PLAY LIKE A CHILD AGAIN!!!!!!

2. Glam

Glam Guest

Um, thus is a puzzlement! Judy, I got halfway thru and my head exploded! Just kidding!

I am a true @ddict and I raise my hand to the @ddicts flag that I will play fair and not cheat at "Operator".

3. red stripe

red stripe Guest

oh dear.. what am I getting myself into.. I have the worst memory :grin

4. Einstein

Einstein Guest

Count me IN. :grin

5. Ali

Ali Guest

Count me in!!

6. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

OK this could be interesting. Next person gets to hear the message in a Chicawwwwgo accent. :lol :lol

7. Ali

Ali Guest

Not if the next person is Connie...:lol

8. jerzigal

jerzigal Guest

Hey, if it's not full AND I'll get it in the next 30 minutes, count me in...otherwise, have fun, as I need to get up bright and early in the morning! :roll

9. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

just fifteen more minutes Judi. Then we will play.

10. Ali

Ali Guest

How bad could this get screwed up? The 2Tall Dude hasn't signed up. :lol We should be able to get it right the first time then. :lol :lol

11. Einstein

Einstein Guest

U make a very valid point there Ali. :grin

12. 2TallMike

2TallMike Guest

[​IMG]
    I guess I'm in too..............:grin
    "

13. Tread

Tread Guest

Can I play? HMMMMMMMMMM?

14. Glam

Glam Guest

Judy, a little help here for the special ed kid, I email you and red back with the version of what I remember it to be after I've deleted it? AND, are you emailing me at hrhmeii@yaoo.com or hrhmei@yahoo.com? Ta...

15. jerzigal

jerzigal Guest

This reminds me of "Whispering down the Lane" where someone would say something to the first person in line and by the time it got to the end, it was TOTALLY screwed up! :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy

16. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

OK here is the list.

boston'sj
    Glam
    red stripe
    Einstein
    Ali
    jerzigal
    2tallmike
    Tread
    boston'sj

Open an email, send the message to the person on the list after you and me only.

That is is. No cheating.

Message on the way Glam.

17. Ali

Ali Guest

Exactly Judi..that's why I said it would be a piece of cake if the 2Tall Dude wasn't in it. :lol
    Oh great, now Tread is playing too!

18. Glam

Glam Guest

To where?? Or which email addy, two i's or 1? :grin My head hurts already, teacher! Can I have the bathroom pass? :lol

19. Ali

Ali Guest

At least my email is coming from E...there is hope here!

20. red stripe

red stripe Guest

peg.. you send it to me.. just me.. right Judy??