Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Time for all Addicts to reintroduce themselves

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by MamaTene, Feb 22, 2003.

1. MamaTene

MamaTene Guest

Since we have hopefully "started over", there are lots on newbies and hopefully most of us veterans are slowly returning. Let's share a little personal info/data. Me first:
    PapaTom and I hail from OHIO. I am a purchase agent for a marketing firm and he is a Foreman for a Landscape and Design company. Married for 20+ years with 4 kids between us all of whom are married or on their own. 2 grandsons who keep us young! And our furbaby Bosco the Schnauzer of course loves us unconditionally!
    Have been cruising for the last 14 years with our first cruise being on the Norway. Been a member of this great @ddicts family for the last 3 years or so. Next cruise for me and 3 girlfriends is on May 11 aboard the Grand Princess followed by a 10 day cruise on the Sun Princess on Feb 19 2004 with group of friends. Have not had the opportunity to be aboard any of the addict cruise get togethers but maybe someday! In the meantime this board keeps me in touch with all of you..my other family!

Post Edited (02-22-03 12:35)

2. janz

janz Guest

Me second: Andrew and I are in Western,MA. I have worked in the Cytology dept. at our local hospital for 25 years. Hubby is a retired contractor, do to his bad back. We have one girl, age 14. Hubby has 2 grown children, and 2 grandchildren. Son, Randy lives in St.Thomas. We will be married 18 years this September and are celebrating on the Zenith to Bermuda. I found this board about a year and a half ago, and is my favorite place to stop, 3-4 times a day. Everyone on this board is fun and upbeat....and a great source of information...JANZ

3. Darlene

Darlene Guest

I am new to this board. My 4th cruise (all on Carnival) is coming up. I live in Balto. MD. I am a child care director. My husband is a purchasing manager. We have 1 daughter age 14 and have been married for almost 21 years.

4. I live in Western Maryland (Hagerstown) and work in the Gaithersburg area (45 mile drive one way).

I have been on 53 cruises, last one was the Regal Princess, 1/8/2003 Sydney to Auckland.

5. Bibb

Bibb Guest

My name is Bibb from Kittery, Maine. Karen and I have been married 28 years. I retired from the Air Force, then again from a computer corporation and again from the National Park Service. Karen is the Manager of the Base Exchange on an Air Base and plans to retire in September. Firtst of 14 cruises was in 1985 on NCL's Southward

Bibb

6. kgratteau

kgratteau Guest

I am Kathy and have been reading, posting and lurking on this board almost since it started. It's a great board with lots of great info and laughs. I work for Fox TV here in Nashville and as of yesterday - big surprise - my husband is now unemployed. Oh well with the going gets tough the tough go cruising so we are sailing in 4 weeks on Millie - had it booked already and what the heck. We'll enjoy that aft balcony cabin (got a handicap one at that!) and maybe even toss down a few frozen thingees for you guys.
    This will be my 11th cruise and number 5 for my husband. I started in 1974 on the Flavia, then the Mardi Gras and Dolphin IV so I have really seen the "change" in cruising over the years.
    I too hope to see some of the "oldie, goldie" posters back on the board - you are surely missed by many.
    Here's to 4 more weeks and sailing on Millie.

Happy Sailing to All!!

Kathy G

7. nieciez

nieciez Guest

Denise Z here from Fredericksburg VA. Hubby Bill a is a retired Marine and we have been married for almost 33 years (in May). Getting ready to go on our 9th cruise in 3 weeks on Carnival Spirit. We have three grown daughters, 2 son-in-laws, 3 grandsons, one granddaughter, and two dogs. Both Bill and I are Federal employees who work in the Washington DC Metro area. I am a Contracting Officer's Representative on a large Telecom Contract and Bill is a Contracting Officer who deals with construction and maintenance contracts for our Embassies overseas (he's in Suriname as I type). We are looking forward to introducing our grandchildren to our passion of cruising this coming fall when we do our big family cruise. I have been a regular here at @ddicts for three years now.

Post Edited (02-22-03 08:44)

8. Jeff & Susana here located west of Chicago.
    Relative newbies posting here for maybe 5-6 months
    I don't really have a job that amounts to anything after 29 years, Susana is a 23 year government employee. 2 kids, 2 grandkids, 3 dogs and lots of other furbabies.
    Just an average couple.

We're just days away from our 3rd cruise, this being our first on Carnival and celebrating our 20th anniversary. It's been a looooong dry spell as are last cruise was almost 13 years ago!

2 weeks from the time that I am posting this we'll be standing line line, blocking those trying to get off as we try to get on! ;)

Cannot wait!

9. sunshine

sunshine Guest

Hi, my name is Robin C and I live in Toronto. My husband is Paul and he works for Air Canada, and is also a professional celebrity lookalike as Bill Gates. We have 2 kids aged 13 and 11 and we love to cruise. We will be cruising on Carnival Conquest on March 9. That will be my 11th cruise (Paul and the kids have done a few less cruises). I have been posting here at C@ for about a year and a half now, and I think it is by far the best cruise site on the net :)

10. Hooked

Hooked Guest

Hi my name is Mike and my wife's name is Connie we live in Rocheter, NY we've been here all our lives except for a few years while I was in the US Navy. A few years ago I was downsized by Eastman Kodak after 20 years. I retrained and now I work nights at another Fortune five hundred company on a IT Service/Help desk. My wife is a Administrative Asst. at a local College RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).
    We to adult kids 25, 21 both still living at home, Son going to College (RIT), and daughter working, waiting for that Mr. right to come along.
    We started cruising 2 1/2 years ago and fell in love with it. I discovered Cruise @ddicts a little over a year ago. I check in 3 or 4 NO maybe 5 or 6 times a day. Our 3rd cruise will be in November.
    OOPS forgot something!! We'll be married 30 years this November,

Post Edited (02-22-03 09:04)

11. SpongeRob

SpongeRob Guest

Margarett and I are relatively new to cruising. We went on our first cruise to Alaska for our honeymoon about a year and a half ago. Our third cruise is coming up very shortly.
    We are late 30's/early 40's, have no children and 1 dog, Pepper. Our home base is Edmond, OK. Trying very hard to get the Divine Miss M to start posting here.
    We both work in the oil and gas business, but don't hate us for that. We are in the "service sector", which means we pay the same high prices as everyone else while living at the bottom of the industry's food chain.

Post Edited (02-22-03 09:16)

12. Suite_Gurl

Suite_Gurl Guest

Hi...Bev from Jacksonville, FL. I have laughed and cried with you since last fall...yes I was lurking...and decided to jump in and join the family a week or so ago. So I guess I am a relative newbie that has been here for awhile. Just celebrated my 50th birthday on the Zaandam (eastern) in January and we will be sailing again on the Zaandam on 4/5 to do the western route. Have only been cruising for just under two years (total of 5 cruises) but I am addicted. BTW a big thanks to many of you who have helped me make many decisions without even knowing it!

13. ginny

ginny Guest

Good Morning and welcome to all the newbies :wave I'm Ginny and have been hanging out here for a long time. My hubby mostly lurks with occasional posts as cruise4-2. We are empty nesters and have the good fortune to cruise several times a year. We live in the sunny state of Florida and enjoy any activity around the ocean. I recently left my job and am taking an extended vacation. Hubby has worked for FPL for 29 years. We both love the sharing of lives and information on this board.

14. goodlife

goodlife Guest

My name is Larry. My wife, Vicki, and I live on Lake Conroe, in Montgomery a small town 50 miles north of Houston. We have been married 13 years. I been a banker for 30 yrs. currently working for a bank in Houston as a Commercial/ Real Estate Lender. Vicki is in technical sales for an instrumentation manufacturer. We are leaving in 9 weeks on the Rhapsody for our fourth cruise in as many years. I sailed on the Mardi Gras in another life. We have two kids, a 24 yr old son living in Lake Tahoe and an 18 yr old daughter graduating from HS this May. I rate second in my wife's eyes to the love of her life, Precious, a 15 yr old toy poodle. I don't post much but I do visit this board every day. Have a goodlife!!

15. Tra4

Tra4 Guest

I'm Tracey, married to Mike for 14 years. We have 2 kids, John 10, and Lexy is 7. We are from the Quad Cities, (IL). We'll be on our 5th cruise in Dec. and 6th in June, 2004(hopefully).
    Mike works out of our home and I manage a high school cafeteria. Took our first cruise on our honeymoon and loved it. Then waited to buy a house, kids, and then kids old enough to cruise, before we could book again. Now they love it also.

If only I would win the lottery I could cruise more often!!!

16. Beckiep

Beckiep Guest

I'm Beckie. Hubby and I live in southern Central Connecticut--last town in Hartford County. We've been married for 5 years, no kids, but two furr-babies (cats). We've been on three cruises, but have none planned right now because we're house-hunting. I've been here for going on three years. I work for a newspaper and hubby works with computers.

17. geejay

geejay Guest

Hi! I'm Gloria from Montana. My hubby is a farmer/rancher and I am a 911 dispatcher. I have hung on this board for the past couple of years, mostly lurking. Our kids are grown and married and we have 3 little granddaughters. Fortunately I was not online when whatever happened on this board happened -- hopefully everyone will be back posting soon. We had been on several cruises before I found this board, and I can't believe how much good info I have gotten from it.
    Looking forward to sailing the Golden again but (sadly) not until December.

18. cwachtel

cwachtel Guest

Hi, My name is Chris. I have been lurking around on this board for a little over a year now. My husband & I just got back from our second cruise. 1st on Enchantment, 2nd on Nordic Empress. We are hooked. We live near Effingham, IL. 100 miles east of St. Louis. We farm along with my husband's family. I substitute teach when I am not busy here on the farm. We have 2 girls, 20 & 24. 20 yr. old is married and lives a mile away. 24 yr. old is hopefully looking and lives near Indianapolis. We are enjoying our empty nest and hopefully will manage another cruise next year. thanks for everyones help here. I read more than I post.
    Chris

19. John

John Guest

Hello, My name is John and I'm from sunny Bradenton, FL USA. I've been here since day one. Its great to see so many new names. I wish everyone a great Saturday and nice weekend.

20. Stephen

Stephen Guest

Hi, I'm Stephen from Toronto. I've been on 11 cruises beginning in April 99. 8 with Celebrity and 3 with RCCL. My next cruise is on May 10th on Zenith to Bermuda.