Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Time to plant those bulbs

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by BostonsJ, Sep 21, 2007.

1. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

The next few weeks is the time to plant those bulbs so that in early spring you see those tulips and crocus popping up. I have not done that here as yet so I guess this weekend I have to till the area where I want them and get those bulbs in and ready for the spring.

I may also plant some daylillies and some iris too. That way this area is blooming right through the summer.

2. Rubysky

Rubysky Guest

Too early for that here. We plant them in late fall or early winter. I think I will get a bunch of very low growers & mix them in amongst the roses. I really have to remember to lift the daffs when they are done blooming this winter.
    It is almost time for me to lift my tuberoses & divide them.

3. reggae

reggae Guest

Every year my MIL divides up her daffodils, and sends a bushel basket to me. So I guess I have to get busy soon....

I'm no good at gardening, and I need things that are hardy, and pretty much fool-proof. Good idea with the day lilies and iris.

4. nieciez

nieciez Guest

LOL I forgot about that....will have to put that on my list "to do" as my daffs looked a bit thin this past spring and some spots need replanted....now to remember what spots they were, LOL.

5. ewheelock

ewheelock Guest

Thanks for reminding me bj. I always forget to plant my bulbs, we can plant now or sometime in Feb. I will do that this weekend.

6. duskbat

duskbat Guest

Geez. i wish i had a nice garden for this. I live 3 floors up in a lil apartment. I have 4 plants. but i would love a garden.

7. Jill B

Jill B Guest

No bulb planting here. :grin We are getting all our veggies in. Our espaliered pears are starting to flower, as is our new dwarf lemon. The dwarf peach has baby fruits on it; I hope they mature. And the broad beans are still flowereing, haven't set any pods yet. They are late, and I am itching to eat some nice fresh beans.