Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Time Zone confusion

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by sheriew, Aug 8, 2002.

1. sheriew

sheriew Guest

In another thread we were talking about the confusion surrounding time zones - ship's time vs. port time. I sent an e-mail to RCCL and this is what they said regarding our 9/1/02 Rhapsody cruise out of Galveston.

' the ship stays on Eastern Standard Time in ports and on the ship'.

Now I'm really confused so I've asked them for clarification. We leave Galveston at 5pm Central Daylight Time, then we switch to Eastern Standard Time? I wish I hadn't started thinking about it. :)

I'll let you know if I get different information from them. Any former Rhapsody cruisers may be able to shed some light on this.

Sherie
    9/1/02 Rhapsody

2. Cruised on Rhapsody last October and the ship stayed on central daylight time the entire cruise.

3. Ali

Ali Guest

When you get on the ship set your watch to their time. Just stop by the purser's desk and inquire to the correct time.

4. tyson

tyson Guest

I have always thought the confusing part was Daylight Saving Time. Some ports don't participate in Daylight Saving Time, so if you're cruising during that time of year, it may be a different than when you're cruising during Standard Time. I guess when we're on Central Daylight Saving Time, that is the same as Eastern Standard Time. It is definitely confusing!!

5. Seawall

Seawall Guest

The Rhapsody's ship's time should be set to CST....... our time here on Central Daylight Savings Time. The time change back to Regular time is in October. Maybe I should have said CDT..........

6. CleoPetra

CleoPetra Guest

We were just on the Rhapsody for her 7/28 sailing (and had a wonderful time!). The ship stayed on Central Daylight time. The only place there was a time difference was in Key West, which was 1 hour ahead. The only time (pardon the pun) you have to worry about the difference is if you have a non-RCI excursion booked. I highly receommend Captain Marvin's on Grand Cayman. Then it all changes when Texas goes back to Standard time. Grand Cayman stays on standard time so it and Key West will be 1 hour ahead. I am not sure about Cozumel. Hope this helps.

7. Sunshine

Sunshine Guest

The Cruise Director and the Daily Compass will make sure you know what time the ship is on , regardless of whatever the local time is. You will get reminders each evening and day, so don't be too worried about it.

8. LjeanBrown

LjeanBrown Guest

Sunshine said it all. You get a daily "paper" of the next days events etc. put on your bed each evening. This will tell you all the info. But RCI ships do stay on whatever time it is in the port they leave from, while in the caribbean at least.

Laurie :wave