Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Tipping on Triumph

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Debbie, May 4, 2001.

1. Debbie

Debbie Guest

Can anyone who has been on the Carnival Triumph recently tell me if they are adding the tips to your Sail and Sign card? I have read on the boards that they are doing that, but I asked my TA yesterday about the tips and she said that we will get envelopes in a room the last night and she said she was sure about that. UMM...I need to know because that kind of determines how much money we should bring for our July 21st cruise. Thanks for any info.
    Debbie

2. Debbie

Debbie Guest

Debbie,

The Imagination and Paradise are the only ships so far on the system to put tips on the sail and sign.. I just called Carnival to check for you... I leave in a week on the Elation and both our ships are not on the system - the Carnival rep said that by the end of 2001 they show all should be changed over... I would probably call closer to the cruise to make sure since they are not showing a time for each ship to change... Hope this helps, Debbie :)

3. Beth & John

Beth & John Guest

Hi Debbie.....We were on The Triumph in Dec. 1999. I don't know if this will help you or not: At the time of booking our cruise, we chose to have the tips added to our bill. At the end of the cruise--on the last night--we found envelopes & vouchers for the tips we had all ready paid--in our room. What we liked about this--we were able to put a little extra $'s in the envelopes (with the vouchers) of the ones we thought deserved it. If we had decided we didn't want to give a tip to someone (which we didn't) all we would of had to do was go to the Pursers desk & ask them to take it off our bill. We found that we like paying the tips in this manner......less cash to carry around......and we knew the staff would be compensated.

After re-reading this.....it sounds very jumbled! LOL Please feel free to contact me with any futher questions. I'll try to be clearer....LOL

Beth

4. KarenO

KarenO Guest

Debbie,
    When we got our documents for the Destiny, leaving Sunday, it states in there that tips will be added to our Sail N Sign card at $9.75 pp, daily. We prepaid ours when we booked the cruise, therefore have to have them removed asap at the Pursers desk when we board. Hope this helps you a bit.