Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

TO PALJOEYMOM - Stateroom, Please Read!!!

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by Snowblower, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Snowblower

Snowblower Guest

Hi,
    Checked the personalizer tonight and we have an assignment for the Sapphire. We were upgraded to category AA, midship, on the Dolphin deck. Just missed out on the full suite but we are very pleased with our location. So, where did you end up????

2. paljoeysmom

paljoeysmom Guest

Hi Snowblower,

Answered your post to Doug H before I saw my name in HEADLINES. (he, he) I am delighted that you got such a nice location. Good for you hon. I just checked my personalizer and I have not been moved yet. :-(((( I wonder how many of those suites are now sold????? Can't find anything on any website with availability. Hey, I looked at the prices for the 10/22 and 11/1 Sapphire sailings. My goodness, EXPENSIVE!

3. Snowblower

Snowblower Guest

Paljoeymom,
    I am not following what you are saying in your post above. In your cruise personalizer, is there a stateroom nimber assigned or is it blank?

The PS and PH stateroom availibility for our cruise locked out yesterday. None of the sites would allow me to select anything after that time. I found this to be the same on the three sites I checked. Today one of the sites states "No Availibility" so I think there done selling. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you hopefully will get one of the big ones!!!! Please post back here on this thread when you get assigned. I will continue to check back. I will get back to you next week about meeting up on sailing day. We don't have a schedule for Saturday as of yet because we are driving to the ship. It is 3-41/2 hours depending on the traffic and route we take. How are you planning on getting there? Are you coming on Friday or Saturday?

Good luck to you!!!! Talk to you soon.

4. paljoeysmom

paljoeysmom Guest

Ahoy Snowblower,

I am actually already assigned an "AC" aft on the Dolphin Deck. However, we did ask for a complimentary upgrade. My TA is pushing HARD to get this accomplished. Although he is not
    making any promises (of course he can't) I am very confident that he will pester the heck out of the cruise lines for that upgrade IF ANY OF THE SUITES ARE STILL OPEN. The guy is FANTASTIC. He got us moved from a CHEAPO balcony to a full suite in May on the Zuiderdam. Believe me we got a STEAL on that one. I have used him 4 times, and each and everytime he has done something special for us.

For those that don't think your TA lifts a finger or has anything to do with upgrades, I believe that to be true in 95% of the cases. However I know for a fact that my TA pushes like the devil. For instance when we got upgraded to the Full Suite, he called me and told me that he was working to get us into either one of 2 suites, and he FURNISHED STATEROOM #'s. So how about that!!!!

Hope you can make it to the Outrigger for a meet & greet after the muster drill. There will probably be at least 25 of us there from another board. The more the merrier, so feel free to stop by. My husband & I live 40 minutes south of SF so my Mom is dropping us off. This is the first time out of 17 cruises that we didn't have to fly. I'm loving it!

5. Snowblower

Snowblower Guest

Hi Paljoeymom,
    Good for you with your TA. I hope he gets you what you want. One of the problems where we live is there is only one TA. Used them once and really got shafted. We have booked the remaining times personally via the internet and I think we get upgraded because of the number of times we have cruised on Princess and hardly ever do we book less than an "A" category stateroom. Also, about every other time we take other family and I always book for them too. We usually book AF or AE and end up getting an AA or AB out of it. We have been a little bummed, have hoped for some time that a miracle would happen just one time and we would get one of the large suites but it never has materialized. They are just too expensive for what we think they are worth. Most Princess cruises you can book two "A" category staterooms for the price of one full size suite. Don't know about you but I would rather go on two cruises than one!!! I just might hit you up for the name of your TA for future bookings. I promise I won't compete with you for the same cruise again!!

Like you, we are driving to the ship, its a first for us too. Glad not to be flying and have to deal with all of that this time. It has been 15 years since we have been in S.F. eventhough much of our family lives in the east bay. We are torn about which way to come because we have heard the trip across the bay bridge with all the inbound traffic to the city on Saturday mornings really sucks and would go the Golden Gate Bridge route if the Richmond-San Rafael bridge didn't have full-on road construction with lane reductions. We will probably just gut it out and go via the bay bridge, both Cal Berkeley and the Giants are playing away next weekend so at least we won't have that additional traffic. Well, got to go...please post back to this thread if you hear from your TA. Talk to you later.

6. paljoeysmom

paljoeysmom Guest

Snowblower,

I did hear from my TA this morning. He said he spoke with Princess today. The cruise is now totally SOLD OUT. The gist is we are probably hosed as far a FULL SUITE goes unless there is a cancellation. The pax with the highest cabin gty have priority over the complimentary upgrades. If we get super lucky and a phenonem occurs I will invite you and your family for a BON VOYAGE party on our HUMONGOUS deck.

Actually my TA is Internet based as well. He lives in NJ, I live in CA. No problem whatsoever with distance. He gives very personalized service, is attentive and makes you feel like you are his #1 client. I have referred lots of people on the boards to him. Like I said he is DYNAMITE!

7. paljoeysmom

paljoeysmom Guest

Snowblower,

One of the gals that is meeting us at the Outrigger just GOT THE LAST PENTHOUSE.

Read on:

Hi guys: You are not going to believe this but we just got upgraded to a PS suite B104. We were a AB mini-suite Dolphin Deck. We just got an e-mail from our TA marked urgent. I know that I am sort of bragging but this is the first time that we have ever had a suite. Pat and I are so dang excited that we can't stand it. Will talk at you later.

M arilyn

8. paljoeysmom

paljoeysmom Guest

Snowblower,

The gal who got the PH was in an assigned cabin. Read on for details.

Karen, Our originial AB was assigned cabin not guarantee. It is the mystery of the upgrade fairy. But of course I am going to thoroughly enjoy this suite because it may be the last time I will ever be in one.
    Now I am doing searches on the freebee things we get in suites. My gosh there is alot of stuff.

9. Snowblower

Snowblower Guest

Sorry you didn't get the suite but it is great that your friend got one. Just the luck of the draw I guess. Has she sailed with Princess previously? If she has, how many times? Just trying to figure out how they conduct this business of upgrades. At least you have a nice mini-suite. I forgot to ask, have you been on the Sapphire or one of the other Grand Class ships?

10. paljoeysmom

paljoeysmom Guest

Snowblower,

I believe the gal that got the PH has sailed with Princess MANY times before, just like you. BTW my TA asked how they divi-up left over suites. The gal at Princess told him names are put into a pool and picked randomly like the lottery.

This is my 17th cruise, but only 2nd on Princess. We were on the Crown in '98 on the Hawaii to Tahiti repostioning. It was fantastic. Loved the ship, did not care for the food, or the snotty waiters.