• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

TO the NEWBIES and LURKERS

N

Noni

OK OK-----I must admit I have been lurking for some time now. ( I previously posted quite regularly using the board name of Callie, but my real name is Noni. ) But you see, the reason I haven't joined in is that after our Dec 2001 cruise we came home to a sick man. My fil was diagnosed with cancer in Jan and passed away in March. But I still read and enjoy your posts each day. Now I realize that is time to move on and get with it girl. So---here goes! Happy Thursday and keep on cruising!

L

LindaA

Hello..My name is Linda and I am a lurker. I have been for about 1 week now. We are going on NCL Majesty on June 9th and someone on another site (CC I saw that in a previous post that they might be a no no here) told me about this site.You guys sound like a bunch of great people who like to have fun. This cruise will be our first one! We will be celebrating our 25th Ann on board. Thanks for letting people like me lurk for a while before we feel comfortable to jump in!

R

Raven

Lost? who's lost??? ME ;) (course that's my normal condition...lol) I for sure understand what you mean, Cdnguy but they are a good bunch in here and are almost always polite and courteous to lurkers and occasional posters like myself.

If you're like me and don't understand most of the regular group's OT posts, then just when you find something that is of interest on here or the BEFORE YOU GO board and add your 2 cents if you feel like it. There's always something of interest being posted in here somewhere and it doesn't require being part of "the group". Some dare to go where angels fear to tread - and some of don't :grin Welcome from the lurker section...lol

R

red stripe

noni, I wondered where Callie had gone to. I like that name, it is the name of a very talented person that I know.
Sorry that you have had such sadness in your life lately. But I think that this board can put a little sunshine into your life.

E

Edie1972

My name is Edie and I am a lurker! It has been 6 hours since my last lurking. Seriously , I have been lurking for over a year, just havent contributed because I have yet to go on a cruise. I do feel like I know all of you though, I can't go a day without Sgranes groaner and eyercise and I love seeing the pics of the adorable puppies, etc. When I do get the chance to make my first voyage at sea, I will have my board family to thank for all of the tips and ideas!!!! Anyway, until I have something cruiseworthy to contribute I will keep on lurking. Carry on!!!

E

EllenS

Thanks, Red Stripe...now I'm busted. :)

I'll have to think up another lame excuse for reading, but not joining. :)

G

GiGiniky

Okay, red stripe, you are right... Not ALL of you are funny, but you know what they say:
Chickens today, feathers tomorrow (with the help of the Friendly Tyson company)

B

Bibb

Hi Everyone and a special welcome to the Newbies and Lurkers,

Compared to many on the board, I am still a Newbie also. I've been on the board just about a year now and I am still hesitant to jump into some of the conversations.

Gerry - As one of the elders on the board, you are still young yet and I wouldn't worry about being flamed on this board. I wanted to rebut a post on another thread earlier and after writing it, I thought it was too much and erased it. That seems to be the norm. But, you are open game if you ruffle some feathers or use certain key words. Don't talk colors or studder when you say good..........dey dey dey dey..

Welcome again Tia, Carol, Marti, Pat and anyone else who may be new or lurking.

J

JeffStern

(WORTH REPEATING: A Thread I posted, last night...)

I know the above appears to be all "inside" stuff, and a lot of people are "lost," and don't understand. Please understand that none of us are a "clique," and this is not an "exclusive" board.
Some of us were lucky enough to have discovered Cruise-@ddicts a year, or more, ago, and have just gotten to know each other. Several local C-@ get-togethers have allowed some fortunate posters the opportunity to meet, in person.
Little "conversations," such as the one above, and many others on the board, are a lot of fun. But, the only way you can be a part of the fun, is to join in.
So, when you see a Subject, or thread, that interestes you, c'mon, and post something. Stick around, read the Subjects, and replies, join in, and, pretty soon, you'll fit right in!
So, WELCOME :newbie 's, and LURKERS, to our Cruise-@ddict Family!

R

Raven

Wow, those gif's sure slow things down on a long thread like this!!! Jeffstern's "Welcome" 's didn't show up for a good 5 minutes. I guess that's where DSL might be nice.

C

Cdnguy

Does anyone out there feel that the term "lurker" makes you feel like a peeping tom?
It's been a slow day for my brain.

J

Judi

Chickens? Did Gini say CHICKENS???

I'm otherwise known as Mama Hen. I try to keep all my chicks in line, but sometimes it ain't easy! :dizzy

Seriously, I haven't been here from the beginning, but I have been around for a couple of years now. I've had the privilege of meeting a few of the Board members. But more importantly, I've gotten to know a whole lot more "electronically." I've even managed to get a Kid Sister in the deal, right Kitten??!!?? :grin

Once in a blue moon, a troll will happen by and try to upset the apple cart. Unfortunately, some of us (and I'm probably the most guilty...Irish temper, don't you know!) will stoop to their level and throw a few flames, but it's only because we don't want that type of thing here.

We really are a family, and we welcome new members with open arms. We may be off topic a lot, but if someone, new or old, has a serious cruise question, we all do our best to make sure that he/she gets an answer!

B

Bibb

Gerry,

My daughter-in-law is from Kanada just outside Ottawa and we tease her about "Eh" but, in the post above, the term was "Dey" which was discussed at length some time back. I'm hoping it is sneaking by but we'll see.

DSLs and Fiber Optics do help. I'm working on an old P200 computer with Road Runner and mine just loaded almost instantly.

Bibb

C

Cdnguy

Bibb your daughter -in-law I believe lives in KANATA home of the Ottawa Senators. It has now become part of the city of Ottawa.

P

Patrice57

Hello everyone. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks. I have only cruised once. I will be cruising in September 2002 with my husband (his first). I enjoy reading the posts. I have gathered a lot of helpful info. Thanks.

S

seamom

Bibb.........I don't think we'll get into the "dey" because that wouldn't be quite so funny without our dear Kathy A who's mother just passed away a few days ago. We'll save that laughter til she is ready again.

But I forgot in my earlier post to welcome all the lurkers and newbies too!!!! Watch out......it's not just cruising that can be addictive.......this board can too.