Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Toiletries

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by GloBug, Jun 2, 2004.

1. GloBug

GloBug Guest

What kind of toiletries does RCI supply in their bathrooms? What can I leave home and what do I have to bring?

2. Ali

Ali Guest

All in one shampoo/conditioner and it's horrible. I wouldn't leave yours at home.

3. GloBug

GloBug Guest

GOOD to know. Ok... I asked because on the Carnival line someone asked, and they said Shampoo, conditioner, rolaids, tylenol, etc. I thought, WOW! this is great! HA!

4. L8inAZ

L8inAZ Guest

I am with Ali, bring your own. That stuff is terrible.. :)

5. baseballmom

baseballmom Guest

Thank you, thank you for the warnings! We're sailing Monday, and I already have my shampoo packed. Of course, I do love those cute little bottles from hotels, so in this case I'll take 'em with me, but won't bother using the insides. :)

6. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Yes the shampoo is terrible on RCI and that is all you get and soap. When we started cruising with RCI in 1991 they gave many travel type items such sewing kit, shower cap, shoe shine glove, lint mit,nail file, and the usual bars of soap, shampoo conditoner, body lotion, I may be forgetting something but you get the idea. They have cut so far back and so have many other lines. Carnival used to only give soap and now they are the ones that are giving more, go figure =dunno So anyway you need to take anything you want and to cut down on space get the travel size bottles etc. at the store they are great to use :thumb

7. kemptct

kemptct Guest

I would bring your own soap also, something with a moisturizer as the air conditioning makes your skin really dry.

8. LindaInCT

LindaInCT Guest

There's this shampoo/conditioner thing in the shower and they give you little bars of soap.

So, bring all your own toiletries.

9. Hucc

Hucc Guest

add my voice to "bring your own"

the free stuff on Carnival is promotional and not enough to last all week

the free stuff (shampoo goo) on Royal Carib is awful

10. Trish1c

Trish1c Guest

Glo --

I didn't hate the shampoo conditioner combo as much as most but your hair does get dry. I tried to alternate -- mine -- there's etc.

Don't forget to pack lots of lotion -- your skin will get dry from all the water, salt, sun, etc.

I didn't see any of the other things you usually see at hotels -- shower caps, dental floss, toothpaste, etc.

Enjoy.

11. GloBug

GloBug Guest

Thanks everyone. Good to know what to expect!

12. maxxboy

maxxboy Guest

With as much traveling I've done I've learned to bring my own, and it's no big deal to get some small travel bottles and put your own in there.

13. SUNNYDAY

SUNNYDAY Guest

carnival cruise does give you a basket BUT when we were on the victory last year the attendant only gave us one shampoo ,one shaver ,one , ect. you get the idea and that was the extent of the toiletries they were not replenished or even given to each person in your stateroom which i thought was not right also when i asked for another basket for my older guest sharing the stateroom the attendant acted as if she was having a difficult time finding one and she reminded me that there is a gift shop on the ship. shame on them.. oh well it still was wonderful vacation as all of ours are .but not like my experience on the celebrity ships that was fabulious.

14. baseballmom

baseballmom Guest

On the Monarch of the Seas there were 5 oz. bottles of "conditioning shampoo," body wash, and lotion. There was also a tube of lip balm, a mesh body puff, q-tips and cotton balls. I brought my own shampoo, lotion, and body wash based on comments I read here, but I did bring home the others because I'm dorky that way. The lotion was nice, but the other two? Not so good.

Laurie

15. SUNNYDAY

SUNNYDAY Guest

thats so funny my daughter collects them , she put the lotions and the shampoos in her suit case ,my husband and i have to scramble for the last drop of shampoo because my 11 year old takes them.. the monarch is rccl .and the victory was a carnival ship maybe that was the difference this was my first experience with the carnival cruise ship baseballmom

16. baseballmom

baseballmom Guest

Sunny, my guess is that RCCL wouldn't have replenished the toiletries either, because in theory the 5 oz. bottles would have been enough for two of us. I agree with you about Carnival -- if asked, they should have accommodated you.

The comedian at the last show Thurs. night made a joke about the little soaps in the cabins. He said that at home, we'd normally throw out a little bar that size, but in hotels many of us scramble to take them home! I don't know what it is, but I do like those little soaps and little bottles (and then they just collect dust for years and years until I toss them out!). :)

Laurie

17. SUNNYDAY

SUNNYDAY Guest

five ounce bottles would certainly be enough for a weeks cruise but when i was on the ship they had those little packages. and on ncl they had small bottles which were nice.

18. GloBug

GloBug Guest

We went on a road trip vacation last year, and I collected all the shampoo and conditioner bottles and those teeny bars of soap.. put them in a nice crystal bowl in my bathroom... and there they sit! Of all the bottles I collected, I only liked one brand, from a hotel in San Jose. it was from a spa, and had the most incredible fragrance! I asked for triples since there were 3 of us! I brought most of it home, and have enjoyed it once in a while. I think I'll give the rest of it away. Don't want to dust off soap!

19. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Baseballmom,
    Were you in a suite when you had those items in your cabin? Because that is not the normal stuff they put in regular cabins or at least the last 4 or 5 cruises we have been on. They either have a shampoo disp. in the shower and a couple of soap bars or they have tiny disposable tube bottles of shampoo, conditioner .They used to put all the little extras in the cabins but they stopped that years ago.When we have stayed in suites on Celebrity they put all kinds of things in the bathroom that they don't put in the regular cabins, so I was thinking RCI does the same. I haven't stayed in a full suite on RCI for years so I don't know first hand... :wave

20. baseballmom

baseballmom Guest

Hi Laurie,
    Yes, we splurged and were in a junior suite . Depending on who you ask, that's not even considered a "real" suite, but to us it was just grand. :)

Laurie