Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Train - Le Havre to Paris

Discussion in 'Europe' started by gallerygirl, Jul 29, 2004.

1. gallerygirl

gallerygirl Guest

Has anyone ever taken the train from Le Havre to Paris? Is the station near the port of Le Harve? Within walking distance? And is it reliable? Is it difficult to get a couple of seats on the train? I would love the details! Thank you so much!

Post Edited (07-29-04 23:30)

2. Srpilo

Srpilo Guest

I'm curious too..

3. Belgo

Belgo Guest

I haven't done the trip, but it's a 2-hour trip. The full fare is about 52 Euros. A nonrefundable fare is about 35 Euros. You can check out schedules on the SNCF website.

LE HAVRE PARIS 1
    51.60 €

LE HAVRE GARE
    PARIS ST LAZARE 07h56
    09h56 Mercredi
    15 Juin 03136 2e classe - Non fumeur
    Place(s) assise(s)

1e Adulte
    (26 à 59 ans) PLEIN TARIF : Billet échangeable et remboursable. Voiture 10 - Place 13 Couloir

PARIS ST LAZARE
    LE HAVRE GARE 16h48
    18h51 Mercredi
    15 Juin 03151 2e classe - Non fumeur
    Place(s) assise(s)

1e Adulte
    (26 à 59 ans) PLEIN TARIF : Billet échangeable et remboursable. Voiture 12 - Place 13 Couloir

4. gallerygirl

gallerygirl Guest

We traveled by train from Le Harvre to Paris last September! It was the most memorable day ever!!
    It is quite easy...
    The boat is at port a couple of miles, at the most, from the train station of Le Havre. Taxis will be at the ship as soon as you disembark. Begin early to get the most out of a beautiful day in the city of Paris! You can check out the SNCF website in advance for a travel timetable, as there are quite a few trips to choose from. Once you are at the train station, it is quite easy to get your tickets to ride (about 52 Euros PP) to the main station in Paris. After an hour and 45 min you arrive and find yourself just steps away from everything in Paris. Shopping..Opera...Champs...the Louvre...Everything!!! Enjoy!!!
    Most definately worth all the effort!