Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Trunk Bay

Discussion in 'Caribbean Ports' started by Tiptoeonthewaves, Aug 28, 2002.

1. We're considering going to Trunk Bay for snorkeling. Does anyone remember the cost of the taxi, ferry and safari bus each way per person? The excursion through the cruise line sounds way too high for just transportation. Thanks.

2. medo13

medo13 Guest

Ref: trunk Bay
    Sailing the Pride 09/07. Going to Trunk bay while we are in St. Thomas. The info I have is . Cab from the pier to Red Hook pier is $8, Ferry $3, Cab from Cruz bay to Trunk Bay is $3, Entrance to the park is $4. All this is per person, plus tips.
    Enjoy your cruise
    ED

3. Alex

Alex Guest

Go to trunk bay... It is absolutely beautiful. The snorkelilng there is not very good but the beach is so gorgeous it is worth it. I went on the Princess excursion and took the ferry over.

4. hstrybuf

hstrybuf Guest

I have a friend who lives on St. Thomas. His comments on snorkeling at Trunk Bay were that it isn't what it used to be due to, ahem, tourists, but that it's coming back. It sure does look like a beautiful place. We'll be heading there ourselves in October. I hope this link works. It's for the ferry schedules and has pricing info, etc.

http://www.st-thomas.com/week/ferries.html

5. Nicks

Nicks Guest

hope this helps
    <http://www.st-thomas.com/week/ferries.html>

6. hstrybuf

hstrybuf Guest

Thanks Nicks!

7. Danc

Danc Guest

I noticed you have a friend that lives in St. Thomas. What is their opinion of the best place to snorkel?

8. hstrybuf

hstrybuf Guest

I'd have to e-mail him to find out, but he hasn't answered my last e-mail! :lol Sorry I can't be of more help. You might try reposting your question as a new topic either here or on the Community Board. I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses.

9. ccturner26

ccturner26 Guest

Personally, I'd do the cruise ship trip. We went w/Celebrity last year and it seemed awfully complicated to get there. We used a ferry and an open air jeep to get there. BUT absolutely worth it! My husband and I saw some squid, a little scary, but pretty neat. Enjoy!!!

10. Jlynd

Jlynd Guest

Do it on your own!! It is not hard at all - we just did it two weeks ago - we spent a couple of hours at trunk bay (the excursions came and left while we were there) and then went over to Cinnamon Bay for a few more hours. Absolutely beautiful and if you go on your own you get to decide how much time you want to spend there!! My husband and I were the only ones snorkeling the day we were at Cinnamon!! I have heard that Trunk Bay gets very crowded but it was not too bad when we were there. We went there first thing in the morning and I think we left a little after noon. We practically had Cinnamon Bay to ourselves. I would rate the snorkeling pretty much the same at both places. I haven't done a lot of snorkeling but I thought they were both great. We snorkeled all the way to the right side of Cinnamon Bay - you can see the reef areas from the beach. I hope this helps!!

11. marlee

marlee Guest

I have a friend that lives on St. Thomas....She's been there a good deal of her life, although she has roots here in Wisconsin.