Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Update on my dad

Discussion in 'The Safe Harbor' started by Spotsycruiser1, Jul 18, 2009.

1. My dad's surgery went well. They ended up doing a quadruple bypass on him. The problem now is his reaction to many of the medicines they have him on. While he is not in pain, he is getting very "anxious" and has been trying to get up and leave the hospital. Since he is so doped up he's not even aware he's doing this so it makes my mom very nervous leaving him. So my mom and I have been taking turns staying in the room with him trying to reassure him of everything. While the longterm prognosis is good, I think it's just going to take time for him to get better. I do appreicate everyone's thoughts and concerns.

2. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Prayers continue for a speedy and non-eventful recovery.

3. GloBug

GloBug Guest

Glad your dad is recovering, hope it continues to go well.

4. KathyC

KathyC Guest

Hope he has a speedy recovery. Also think that you and your mother are doing the right thing by taking turns staying with him til he gets better; we have had some bad experiences with hospitals so I have developed quite a distrust & feel that if a person is "out of it" that they need someone with them.

5. reggae

reggae Guest

Glad to hear your Dad's surgery went well, and now prayers for continued healing. Hope you have him back home real soon, God bless...

6. JacquieP

JacquieP Guest

Glad it went well! Please tell him that our thoughts and prayers continue, and yes, please keep a close watch on him.

7. nieciez

nieciez Guest

Oh Scott, I am glad your Dad came through surgery well but what a strain recovery is on your Mom and you. I hope things improve quickly. Thoughts and prayers continue my friend.

8. Beryl

Beryl Guest

My good wishes for a speedy recovery for your Dad too! ...and you are right to be with him to be his advocate right now!

9. Olga

Olga Guest

Glad I caught this post before I logged out. You are doing the best YOU can do. Now time does the rest. Continued prayers for his recovery and YOUR sanity.

10. debowah

debowah Guest

What has already been said bears repeating.

11. bostongal

bostongal Guest

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hope your dad continues to improve.

=hug

Meg

12. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

Glad it is all better in healing Scott..May it continue to just get more in line each day ..
    and Bon Voyage for your cruise too.!!..
    Prayers continue..:daisy..Joanne