• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Update on My Mom

nieciez

Community Sponsor
It's been a long stressful day but I am now back at my parents home. Mom came through surgery today but the tumor was cancer. The Dr didn't remove the full lobe, just the tumore and surrounding tissue. At 81, she has a rough road ahead of her. Right now it is keeping Dad on track that is our full attention...he is so dependent on Mom.....it is just heart breaking seeing how lost he feels with her being so sick. We have a game plan between my two sisters, nieces....now to just get them through this. Our sincer thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

GloBug

Senior Flea Coller Tester
Oh Denise, I am sorry to hear this news. Can your dad get involved in her care so he feels like he isn't useless? Prayers that both your parents are able to handle this hurdle.

KathyC

So sorry that it is cancer but hopefully they can keep it under control with the removal of the tumor. With family working together on a game plan for dad I'm sure you will get him thru this. When a cancer diagnosis comes it takes time for it all to settle in; it is overwhelming to have a loved one so sick but then you work together to face the road ahead. With good family support your dad & mom will make it thru the rough journey they have ahead. Stress will take its toll on you Nieciez so please take care of yourself. You & your family are in my thoughts.

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
Denise I can only echo what Glo and Kathy have said. Please know that your Mom and Dad, you and the family are in my prayers.

popcorn

You are all in our thoughts & prayers during this time. As a group you can get your parents through this. Take care of you also!

Liz

TexasSue

Lots of prayers from here. My cruise mates Mother is 78 and they did remove a lobe of her lung and she's doing fine. She also has other medical problems and came thru the surgery with no major issues and is doing well so hang in there. Susan

JANPEP

Community Sponsor
Nieciez so sorry to hear that it was cancer, hope they got everything with what they took. Sounds like your family is all coming together to help out.
I hope your dad isn't too stressed & will be ok with the family thats there to help him
Prayers & good thoughts continue from here.

Donna - dsw

Hey girl - I am so sorry that your thoughts are true! You and your two sisters are strong women and will get through this. I am sorry for your dad - I know how much your mom does for him - just like mine did.

Hang in there - take care of the care takers. Call me anytime day or night if you need to vent!

Love ya! Thoughts and prayers for you and your whole family!

maw

Wordsmith
Niecie so sorry how things turned out. Know it is going to be rough on you and sisters . Especially you being farther away. Hugs and Prayers coming your way.

sage

Big hugs and prayers are on the way to all of you. It's so hard sometimes on the spouses when they become so dependant on the other one. I know that your love and help will make all the difference to him.