Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Update on my sister

Discussion in 'The Safe Harbor' started by GloBug, Aug 25, 2008.

1. GloBug

GloBug Guest

(thanks for the cue, H2O Babe)

My sister is home after her total knee replacement. She spent almost another week in bed. A few days ago, she was able to get out of bed, and she can now put weight on her knee. She's having a problem with some muscle that locked up, so she's working through that, but she's doing ok. She's off the major pain meds, and taking OTC meds instead. Yea!

Kids started school today, so I am sure she got some much appreciated rest!

2. Glo, I'm glad that your sister is doing better. I wish her a full and speedy recovery.

3. KathyC

KathyC Guest

With the worst behind her hopefully the rest of her recovery will go smoothly.

4. debowah

debowah Guest

Happy to hear this update, thanks for letting us now.

5. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

Thanks for the update. Thoughts continue for a smooth recovery.

6. H2O babe

H2O babe Guest

Am happy to hear things are moving (if somewhat slowly) in the right direction. I can't even imagine what she's been going through.

K.

7. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Glo - I'm relieved to see this update. Have been wondering what had happened.

Is your sister not undergoing physical therapy? That is standard procedure and very necessary (and gut-wrenchingly painful) for recovery, to get range of motion back for satisfactory flexion and extension.

8. GloBug

GloBug Guest

You know, she hasn't mentioned that. I'll ask!